- KS1, KS2
- View all Full timejobs
- A full-time position with the expectation to teach a full class timetable (with PPA and additional teacher development time)
- Main Pay Scale
Class Teacher (ECT and NQT welcome) job summary
Are you passionate about changing the life chances of young people?
Thank you for your interest in our advertised class teacher role. We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to our dedicated school team.
The successful candidate will be presented with the opportunity to progress within the school if demonstrating the right impact.
We are keen to receive applications from experienced as well as early career teachers – we know that both add a dynamic to school that will support our continued growth and development.
Information about our school:
• We are a large (three-form-entry) primary school situated in the city centre of Southampton.
• We serve a diverse community with almost three-quarters of our pupils speaking English as an additional language.
• In Spring 2022, we welcomed a new headteacher with a newly established senior team.
Our offer to every teacher:
• Bespoke professional development opportunities.
• Cutting-edge technology for the planning and delivery of lessons. Use of multi-collaboration platforms to simplify the process of lesson planning.
• A device to help your planning, preparation and assessment.
• A ‘Staff wellbeing charter’ with perks including, a paid days leave throughout the year for personal wellbeing. A commitment to reduce planning.
• The introduction of a new curriculum for non-core subjects that includes the sequential planning, learning resources and visuals.
• A feedback policy that focuses on providing children with a dialogue to support improvement - not onerous marking!
At St. Mary's, our children are taught in sets (streamed ability groups) from Year 1 in Reading, Writing and Maths. This enables teachers to match learning directly to need, rather than attempting to differentiate innumerate ways. Our approach develops pupils into confident, articulate young people. We utilise assessment data to inform planning but do not expect teachers to write lesson plans - instead focusing on the learning intention and success criteria to be taught to your set. All teachers receive bespoke professional development with our performance management structure supporting you to advance your career - with you firmly in the driving seat.
Your interview day is a mutual process aligned to helping you to decide if this is the school to advance your career in. We aim to make the day as supportive as possible. Any questions pre or post application can be sent to Kevin Brown, our school business manager. (email@example.com).
NQTs/ECTs Interview: To be decided based on your schedule.
Experienced teachers: Interviews w/b: 21 March 2022
Tours with the Headteacher are welcomed and can be arranged by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of our governing body, and staff, we look forward to hearing from you.
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 580 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
St. Mary's Church of England Primary is a 3-form-entry, diverse school in the City Centre. We benefit from a large site, with an open field and a strong working relationship with St. Mary's Stadium (the home of Southampton FC).
Our school serves a diverse community with almost 80% speaking English as an additional language.
We introduced an exciting new curriculum in 2022, that focuses on knowledge and skills - linked with trips that really bring to life our chosen study. Our pupils benefit from excellent IT infrastructure - with an iPad ratio of 1:2 and 90 VR (virtual reality) headsets - meaning you can take learning WHEREVER you want it to go!
We are fortunate to benefit from 2 school minibuses - which enable us to take pupils on journeys to enhance the learning offer!
Arranging a visit to St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
School visits are welcomed and you will be given a tour with the Headteacher or Deputy Head. Please let us know when you are available to do so!