Class Teacher Vacancy
Edward Bryant School
Required from September 2020:
Class Teacher TMS 1-6
Temporary 1 Year (Secondment cover)
Salary £24373 - £35971 p.a. pro rata
We are looking to appoint a main scale teacher to join our friendly, caring and committed team and to inspire and motivate the children at Edward Bryant Primary School to reach their full potential and achieve high standards.
We are looking for prospective candidates with a very good understanding of high quality teaching and learning, together with a firm grasp of how to promote excellent behaviour. In return we can offer a supportive and friendly working environment with the possibility of professional development opportunities both in school and outside.
For a list of essential and/or desirable skills please refer to the job description and person specification available to download alongside this advert.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The Schoolsworks Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to successful DBS, health and qualifications checks and satisfactory references.
Please contact the office if you would like to arrange a visit either via email to Office Manager, Jo Tite at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01243 822454.
Closing date: 12 noon on 3rd March 2020
Interview date: 13th March 2020
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree with PGCE or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent experience of teaching in either EYFS, KS 1 or KS2
• Knowledge & understanding of safeguarding requirements in schools
• Sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2
• Secure subject knowledge of English and Maths suitable for teaching across Primary range
• Have an excellent understanding of what makes high quality teaching and learning.
• Successful experience of managing behaviour of pupils
• Sound understanding of effective use of assessment & feedback in class
• Understanding of how to meet the needs of pupils with a range of prior attainment
• Be a positive role model for children and staff
• Collaborate effectively with staff, parents/ carers and children across our academy trust.
Please refer to the full person specification for this role.
We can offer:-
Wide ranging high quality professional development and career opportunities within our trust;
Well supported induction for both NQT’s and teachers new to the school;
Mentoring from outstanding colleagues and the opportunity to work alongside experienced practitioners.
My Rewards- our benefits and rewards employee portal.
About Edward Bryant School
- London Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO21 1BG
- Edward Bryant School website (opens in a new window)