Class Teacher either FS or KS1, with the opportunity of KS1 Lead
The children, staff and governors of this happy and successful two-form entry Infant and Nursery School wish to appoint an experienced teacher to teach in our thriving, nurturing school.
We are seeking to appoint EITHER an experienced Early Years Foundation Stage teacher, initially to teach in Reception, or else an experienced KS1 teacher (with the possibility of taking on the KS1 Lead Role with a TLR2 payment); we want to appoint the strongest teacher for our children.
We are seeking a teacher who is kind, calm, enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed to delivering outstanding practice within our school.
We have a vacancy in our two-form entry Infant school which was judged 'Good' by Ofsted in October 2016. This permanent post is for September 2020 or sooner if possible; we are willing to wait for the perfect teacher for our deserving children!
The current class teacher has sadly made the decision to leave after 5yrs at Cedars, in order to further her career into Primary,
In either role, the successful applicant will be working alongside an experienced member of staff, who will be able to offer support and advice as needed. We already have a committed team of teaching and non-teaching staff and we are keen to recruit someone with a love of life and learning and a great sense of humour!
This role will be offered as a permanent position following a successful 6mth probationary period, to those new to Warwickshire.
The successful candidate will:
- High ambitions for themselves and a commitment to provide every child with the best possible start in life
• The skills of an excellent, creative, successful classroom practitioner with a dedication and determination to secure good and better progress and raise attainment for all children
• A good knowledge of how young children learn and develop
• The ability to work as part of a team to plan, teach and assess effectively for the next steps in children’s learning
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to developing and maintaining close links with the whole community
• A flexible approach to challenge and change.
We are looking for a hard-working practitioner who is passionate about achieving good outcomes for all children. The successful applicant will be resilient and a great team player. They will be committed to providing the very best for the children in our school and for the local community that we serve.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching in either a FS class or KS1 class, dependent upon which role is being applied for.
Experience of, or a willingness to understand, childhood attachment and trauma and a commitment to being 'curious' about childrens' behaviour.
If applying for the KS1 Lead, to have some experience of supporting/ leading colleagues, to have taught in a Y2 class and understand EofY2 expectations.
Possible TLR2 for KS1 Lead Post
About Exhall Cedars Infant School
Two-form entry 'Good' Infant and Nursery maintained school, with a separate 2-4yr old 'Outstanding' preschool provision. We have an inclusive, nurturing ethos, within a calm, attachment and trauma aware setting. We are committed to the emotional, as well as academic, development of all our children. we pride ourselves on the CPD that we offer and support staff with across the school and preschool. Staff and parents speak highly of the school. We benefit from a committed, supportive Governing Board.
- Trenance Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV7 9FJ
- LA Maintained School
- Exhall Cedars Infant School website (opens in a new window)