4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
30 March 2023 at 11:59pm
21 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- MPS (London Fringe) + £1,500 Harris Allowance
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Passionate about inspiring young people? Join us in inspiring our lively little learners as a Class Teacher.
Our dedicated team provides a supportive network both onsite as well as support across the Federation to ensure all our staff feel encouraged to do their best. Join a community of dedicated, friendly staff standing by and upholding its mission in creating and maintaining a supportive and thriving learning environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS and an undergraduate degree.
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum.
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age.
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum.
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning.
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school's policy.
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What the school offers its staff
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a successful academy that was judged outstanding in every category in our May 2017 Ofsted inspection.
We are a 5 form entry primary school, opening with a Reception cohort and are growing by a year group at a time with currently 902 pupils on roll from Nursery to Year 6. This will make our academy, which was funded under the free school programme with backing from Thurrock council, the Department for Education and the Harris Federation which sponsors the free school, the biggest primary free school in the country.
We are a sister school to Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred and
Our Core values of : Manners, Perseverance, Responsibility, Community and Achievement, underpin everything that happens at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower. They are our foundations and we have a clear expectation that all adults as well as children and staff model and respect these values both inside and outside the academy. These foundations have enabled us to build high quality, inspiring education for our children within the two years the academy has been open. This is reflected in both the exceptional day to day practice here as well as the outstanding outcomes our children have achieved in each year.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level. We also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS, UPS or UQT Scale, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan including access to a virtual GP, electric car scheme and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Have regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the pupils in any class or group assigned:
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons;
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you;
- Set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere;
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.\
- Disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy;
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 969 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0203 772 4588
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
Similar jobs nearby
Bonner Primary School
Stainsbury Street, London, E2 0NF
Early Years, KS1 and KS2 CLASS TEACHERS September 2023
Osmani Primary School
Vallance Road, London, E1 5AD
Inspirational KS1 and KS2 Teachers
St Bernadette Catholic Junior School
1 - 4 Atkins Road, London, SW12 0AB
Macdonald Road, London, E17 4AZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock