Isebrook School is a successful specialist setting for students aged 11-18 with a broad spectrum of special educational needs and learning disabilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our awesome team. We are seeking to recruit a class teacher on a fixed term basis to cover Maternity leave, who is committed to providing outstanding learning experiences for students with a range of learning difficulties. The role will entail working with a dedicated team of teaching assistants to lead a class of fantastic students.
As a growing Academy Trust we are looking for Good and Outstanding teachers, who have experience of working with young people who may have severe or complex learning difficulties, social and communication learning needs and /or ASD and associated behaviours. If you believe you have suitable experience, motivation and commitment we would love for you to apply for the class teacher role.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of an area of the curriculum and in improving learning and teaching across the school.
- Positive and passionate about working with students with learning disabilities
- A good or outstanding practitioner with experience of teaching students with learning difficulties, autism and associated social and communication difficulties
- A reflective practitioner
- A team player who can work as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Able to motivate and lead by example
- Knowledgeable about the learning needs of students with a range of barriers to overcome
If you are, then we can offer:
- A nurturing group of staff, who are committed to achieving high standards for our pupils and students
- A strong ethos and collaborative working
- Dedicated teaching assistants and pastoral support
- A rigorous induction programme
- Opportunities for quality professional development
- A holistic consultative approach to each young person
- Well-being package including advice, support and guidance.
- Recognition for attendance and Perkbox!
In addition to the application form, candidates are asked to complete a letter of application of no more than 2 sides of A4 paper outlining your experiences and skills in relation to the areas outlined in the person specification.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and we would encourage you to contact our HR administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements or to have a discussion about the school with a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Creating Tomorrow Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding children, promoting the welfare of all students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for the successful candidates.
This job post has expired.