Class Teacher (Fixed Term)
Mickleton Primary School, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,371 to £35,267|
1. To plan and prepare appropriate activities, fully utilising the facilities.
2. To ensure lessons and activities adhere to agreed policies, and current national procedures.
3. To work collaboratively with others in building an effective team.
4. To work with parents as partners and lead meetings to discuss progress.
5. To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are met.
6. To ensure the safety of children with due regard to the school Health and Safety Policy both inside and outside the classroom.
7. To report any damage, breakage or hazards to the Head Teacher or Site Manager.
8. To monitor, evaluate and assess children's work in line with agreed assessment policy, ensuring that pupils and parents are aware of strengths and weaknesses.
9. To ensure that records are accurately kept and that reports are written to highlight strengths, whilst stating areas for improvement.
10. To provide an attractive, lively, tidy well planned classroom environment conducive to learning.
11. To ensure that children behave in a manner conducive to learning and personal development, seeking advice when necessary.
12. To ensure that all children with special needs receive an appropriate curriculum and be instrumental in organising and working alongside necessary intervention.
13. To be punctual and undertake such duties and cover as are deemed necessary, always providing a good role model.
14. To be aware of and implement all school policies.
15. To work effectively with Subject and Key Stage Co-ordinators in both development and planning of activities for the children, assessing their needs and achievements and working collaboratively on future developments.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post and the teacher may be required to undertake such other tasks appropriate to the level of appointment as the Head teacher may require.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching within the Primary Age Range Reception to Yr 6.
Able to create and sustain an exciting and relevant environment.
A sound knowledge of the new National Curriculum for all the subjects for both Key Stages and knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Understanding of and commitment to the school policies, e.g. Behaviour Policy, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities Policy.
Able / willing to lead an area of specialism across the school, leading by example and being willing to organise and lead CPD for school staff.
Excellent IT knowledge and skills relating to class teaching.
Able to challenge all learners.
Able to plan lessons for all the pupils in a class, setting clear learning intentions and differentiated tasks.
Able to keep records of pupil progress in line with school policy.
Able to use assessments of pupils learning to inform future planning and plan specific next steps in learning.
Able to plan and work collaboratively with colleagues.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||128 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Mickleton Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Mickleton Primary School
Broadmarston Lane, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6SJ