Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main pay scale
At Chalgrove Community Primary School we want our children to be curious, to question and to challenge ideas. We want our children to engage, to be inquisitive and to be proactive learners. But how do we achieve this? We do this through creating a curriculum that is exciting and never static. We facilitate learning opportunities beyond the classroom and we continually reflect in order to improve.
We are looking to recruit a KS1 or KS2 teacher. Our successful candidate will be:
• Thoroughly committed to enabling all children to reach their full potential
• A creative, passionate and forward thinking individual who places high value on their own
professional development in order to improve continuously as a practitioner
• Someone who is motivated, flexible, resilient and a true team player
• Able to maintain the highest standards
• Committed to achieving a work/life balance and maintaining their own interests outside
We will offer our successful candidate a school that:
• Is dedicated to offering the very best for its children with a focus on enrichment
• Enjoys positive relationships between staff, children and families
• Is happy, vibrant and positive
• Is creative, open to ideas and seeks opportunities for its children and staff
• Really cares for its staff team
• Offers comprehensive NQT mentoring based on coaching
• Offers bespoke induction for experienced teachers new to our school
• Supports and encourages continuous professional development
Applying for the job
The application pack, which includes the person specification, job description and application form, can be found under the vacancies section on our school website www.chalgrove.oxon.sch.uk
201 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Chalgrove Community Primary School
Our school is creative, vibrant and a great place to teach. As a school we encourage individuality and independence. We love that we have a Forest School facility, we love that we facilitate exciting opportunities for our children and we love the freedom we give to our teachers and children – all of this makes us who we are.
We are fortunate to have developed strong links with several different organisations including: Mulberry Bush, Oxford Brookes University and Garsington Opera. We are also about to reestablish our links with a school in South Africa, with CPD opportunities for overseas visits.
Our current development includes becoming a ‘Talk For Writing’ school. This project is in its first year and we have recently been selected to work with Mulberry Bush and Oxford Brookes University to become a nurture school.
We are very proud of our Ofsted outcome in November 2019, which recognised our passion, dedication and importantly how we care for and nurture the children we teach.
We are part of the Acer Trust. Details of the trust’s ethos can be found on the school wesbite
Arranging a visit to Chalgrove Community Primary School
We would warmly welcome any prospective applicants who wish to visit the school. Please call or email the school to arrange a visit or to speak with the Headteacher