Class Teacher for Year 5/6
Park Street CofE Primary School, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
Are you looking for a Primary teaching post with a difference? Situated in the heart of the City of Cambridge, Park Street Church of England Primary School is a unique, exciting and inspiring school, with curious and creative children and a supportive, enthusiastic staff. With only four, mixed-age classes, we have a ‘family feel’ where everybody knows each other well, enabling us to design learning opportunities to inspire all learners and meet their individual needs. We have a vacancy for our Year 5/6 class, starting in September.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-organised classroom practitioner, with experience in creating exciting learning opportunities
• Have a commitment to ensuring rapid pupil progress and high standards for all learners
• Have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and attitude to learning
• Be able to work well as part of a strong team and contribute to the school community
• Be supportive of the ethos and values of a Church School
• A forward-looking school with great opportunities to learn alongside others and share good practice
• A rich and creative curriculum that takes full advantage of our city centre location
• Friendly and supportive colleagues, governors and parents and community
• A strong commitment to staff well-being and continued professional development
A strong ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted (November 2017)
If you think this could be the job for you, you can download the application form and job description from our website or contact the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Normally we would encourage visits to the school, but this is not possible at the moment. Please do look at our website: https://parkstreet.cambs.sch.uk/ for more information.
Closing date: Monday 6th July 2020 5pm
Park Street CE (VA) Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Applying for the job
Please download an application form from the school website:
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||110 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Park Street CofE Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Park Street CofE Primary School
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Park St CofE (VA) Primary School.
Park St is a small primary school situated right in the heart of Cambridge, surrounded by Jesus Green and the historic colleges of the University. Serving around 120 children, aged from 4 to 11, as a Church of England school, we aim:
• to be a safe, supportive and caring school which provides a nurturing environment for every member of the community;
• to offer a breadth of opportunity to enable each child to fulfil their potential;
• to be inclusive, celebrating the strengths and differences of our diverse community;
• to have high aspirations for our children, inspiring creativity and a lifelong love of learning.
We have four classes:
• Class 1 is for children of Reception age and some of our younger Year 1 students.
• Class 2 is mixed Year 1 and Year 2
• Class 3 is mixed Year 3 and Year 4
• Class 4 is mixed Year 5 and Year 6
You can find out more about the school by visiting our website: www.parkstreet.cambs.sch.uk , where you can access the school prospectus, our most recent Ofsted report and other information about the school.
There are no parking facilities at the school, although we are hoping in future to be able to provide a space within walking distance. The nearest parking is at the Park St multi-storey car park operated by NCP. The Park and Ride service from Madingley Road stops in Bridge Street, just two minutes’ walk away and the service from Milton stops on Victoria Avenue, about 5 minutes’ walk away.
The Governing Body of Park Street CofE (VA) Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its pupils and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to share in this commitment.
For further information, please read our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy which can be found at https://parkstreet.cambs.sch.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/20190628_Safeguarding-and-Child-Protection-Policy.pdf
Recruitment for any position at the school is conducted in accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy, our Equality and Inclusion Policy and our Data Protection Policy. Copies of these are available on request from the school office or by emailing email@example.com
By applying for a position at our school you consent to us processing your data in accordance with these policies. You can read the relevant privacy statement at https://parkstreet.cambs.sch.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/201805-PrivacyNoticeStaff.pdf.
In accordance with the Disclosure and Barring Service Code of Practice, our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders is made available to all job applicants at the outset of the recruitment process. The DBS Code of Practice is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-code-of-practice
• As an organisation which uses the Disclosure and Barring service, the Governing Body of the School complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed.
• We meet the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. A DBS check will therefore be carried out before appointment to any job at the School is confirmed. This will include details of convictions cautions and reprimands, as well as ‘spent’ and ‘unspent’ convictions. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.
• We are committed to the fair treatment of applicants on all protected grounds and in relation to all history of offending.
• We promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates, including those with criminal records. We select all candidates for interview based on their competencies, qualifications and knowledge.
• Application forms and recruitment information will contain a statement that job applicants will be required to disclose their criminal record if they are invited to interview and a DBS check will be carried out if they are offered the job. The information will only be seen by those who need to see it as part of the recruitment process.
• At interview, or in a separate discussion, we ensure that an open and measured discussion takes place on the subject of any offences or other matter that might be relevant to the position. Failure to reveal information that is directly relevant to the job sought could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.
• We undertake to discuss any matter revealed in a Disclosure with the person seeking the job before withdrawing a conditional offer of employment.
• We ensure that people at the School who are involved in the recruitment process have access to professional advice to identify and assess the relevance and circumstances of offences. We also ensure that they have received appropriate guidance in the relevant legislation relating to the employment of ex-offenders, e.g. the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working at the School. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of your offences.
Lower Park Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB5 8AR