This job expired on 27 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 May 2023 at 12:27pm
16 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - This position is full time.
- Fixed term - 1 year
Full-time equivalent salary
- £29344 - £40083.
- MPS M1 to M6 (fringe), (UPS 1 to 3 may be considered for the right candidate)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic teacher, who has the passion and drive to inspire, nurture and provide a consistently high-quality education for our pupils at Furzefield Primary School. We actively encourage applications from both experienced and Early Career Teachers. ECTs will be offered excellent support from a highly experienced, supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
We are looking for someone that can show commitment to not only our pupils but to our active school community and who can promote and embody our core values. Our job at Furzefield is to prepare our children to achieve their full potential and lead happy and successful lives. We do this through promoting and embedding five simple values:
Kindness, Respect, Resilience, Aspiration, Inclusion
The successful applicant will:
- Be an effective class teacher who is committed to high quality teaching, learning, experiences and opportunities for all children.
- View inclusion as a non-negotiable element of teaching practice.
- Be part of our team, be willing to pitch-in when needed and be there for pupils and colleagues when they need support.
- Have excellent communication skills and high levels of emotional intelligence, building positive relationships with children, staff and families.
- Inspire and motivate.
- Advocate for the well-being of our pupils, providing guidance and support.
- Understand the importance of evidence-informed practice in the classroom.
What the school offers its staff
Joining Furzefield means becoming part of a community and for the right candidate, this could be a brilliant opportunity to join an incredibly supportive and caring team of professionals where creativity and individuality are valued, teachers are given autonomy to make the right decisions for their pupils and where your professional development and ambitions are nurtured and encouraged.
Further details about the role
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible. We reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Furzefield Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 479 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Furzefield Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Furzefield is a vibrant community school set within extensive grounds in Merstham, Surrey. We provide a broad and balanced education for pupils aged 3-11 years where pupil wellbeing and academic achievement are given equal importance. The school has recently been inspected by Ofsted (March 2023). We are proud to have received a GOOD rating overall with an OUTSTANDING judgement for our Personal Development offer. We offer a creative and rich curriculum that promotes learning outside the classroom, including Forest School. Staff are friendly and supportive; our classrooms are well resourced and our pupils are well behaved and eager to learn. We are a two-form entry school with a maintained Nursery / Pre-School, a Specialist Resource Centre for 14 pupils and a Family Centre on site.
Arranging a visit to Furzefield Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Floreat Wandsworth Primary School
305 Garratt Lane, London, SW18 4EQ
KS1 Class Teacher and possible Science Lead
Krishna Avanti Primary School
Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6ES
George Tomlinson Primary School
Harrington Road, London, E11 4QN
The Olive School Hackney
32 St Johns Church Road, London, E9 6EJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey