- Early years, KS1
- Fixed term (1 year)
- M1 – M6 Salary £25,714 - £36,961
Class Teacher job summary
Required for September 2022
The Headteacher and Governors are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher at our happy and successful school. This post is for a class teacher in either KS1 or Foundation Stage.
You will have experience, thorough knowledge and understanding of the Foundation Stage and KS1 Curriculums, assessment, be passionate about young children’s learning and be an excellent classroom practitioner.
All applicants must hold relevant teaching qualifications.
Hill View Infant Academy are seeking someone who:-
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner, able to promote high standards of learning
• Can assess and record progress of pupils’ learning to inform next steps and monitor progress
• Can create stimulating and safe learning environments both indoors and outdoors
• Can deploy a wide range of effective behaviour management strategies successfully
• Can teach using a variety of strategies to maximise achievement for all pupils including those with special educational needs and high achievers
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and can work as part of a large team
• Has a sound understanding of the delivery of a synthetic phonics programme.
In return we can offer:
• well motivated and well behaved children
• high standards of attainment and progress
• excellent opportunities for continuous professional development
• a committed and dedicated staff
Completed applications should be returned to Claire Smith, Headteacher.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Hill View Infant Academy safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Vision Learning Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications irrespective of race, sex, marital status, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation or political belief.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hill View Infant Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 7
- School size
- 437 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 7
We provide education for children aged 3 to 7 years. We have a large nursery for 104 children aged 3-4 and we are a four form entry school from Reception to Year 2. We are part of a MAT (Multi-Academy Trust) with Hill View Junior Academy.
As our reputation and OFSTED reports (2001 and 2007) fully endorse, we have many strengths. These include very high standards of teaching throughout the school, demanding expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour. In addition to this we firmly believe in providing all children with a wide range of opportunities, sporting, musical, cultural, recreational and social. We offer extended care for both nursery and school children from 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Our aim is to provide each child with an education that will equip them to become responsible citizens, to make informed choices having both self respect and respect for others. To achieve this we provide an extensive range of opportunities beyond the school day, in a caring and safe atmosphere.