Class Teacher - Key Stage 2
3 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
12 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday, usual full time teaching hours
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A talented class-teacher, for a class in either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2, who has excellent subject knowledge and classroom practice.
- Someone who is committed, dedicated and enthusiastic about teaching and improving standards and outcomes for the children who come to our school.
- A teacher who is collaborative and is able to work well as part of a team and who enjoys learning themselves.
- A teacher who is committed to helping children do their best, has a sense of humour and who loves teaching and working with children and their families.
- A teacher who shares our values – has high expectations, is ambitious and creative
What the school offers its staff
- A comprehensive induction programme.
- Bespoke and collaborative CPD opportunities to help you develop as a teacher.
- A well-resourced school and classroom
- A supportive staff team.
- Children who are motivated and wanting to learn
- A supportive environment that will allow you to be your best.
Further details about the role
Our four values of ‘Knowledge, Equality, Determination and Achievement’ underpin everything that we do, belonging to every pupil. These help to create our vision for the school of ‘Being Better Every Day’.
Alongside this, our six principles of learning ensure that we remain focused on our priorities. These are:
1. Learning to read. Learning to write. Learning to communicate.
2. Instilling a ‘love of learning’ for all our pupils.
3. Having the highest of aspirations for learning and expecting the very best every day.
4. Embracing individual difference; celebrating diversity.
5. Feeling proud of our achievements and reaching our goals.
6. Aiming high with confidence, courage and perseverance.
We have strong frameworks in place for teaching English and mathematics and have worked extensively on building a fantastic wider curriculum offer for all our pupils. Our school is well resourced and sits in large grounds at the foot of the South Downs. Our pupils value the opportunities that the school provides for them and are eager to learn and find out more about the world.
We are a highly ambitious school with high expectations. Our leadership team is experienced and will provide excellent support in helping you to be the very best you can be. The Academy Trust provides additional support for all Aurora schools including bespoke training opportunities and even the chance to visit our partner schools around the world.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 77.6 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Oakwood Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 322 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Oakwood Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Oakwood Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Class Teacher - EYFS, KS1 or KS2 x3 Roles
Bilingual Primary School - Brighton & Hove
The Droveway, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, BN3 7QA
Grove Park School
Church Road, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 1BN
Rye Community Primary School
The Grove, Rye, East Sussex, TN31 7ND
Hassocks Infant School
Chancellors Park, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 8EY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Eastbourne and East Sussex, Brighton and Hove