We are recruiting for a KS2 Class Teacher to lead English and Phase
Required for January 2024
Salary Range: MPR - UPR TLR:2b Full time Number on Roll: 210
The Local Governing Body seeks to recruit a dynamic, innovative and experienced professional to join and support the
Senior leadership team at St Mary’s. Candidates should be innovative, passionate about teaching and learning, and have
high expectations of pupil achievement and well-being.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practicing Catholic or is able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education, who is
fully committed to promoting and supporting the Catholic ethos of the school and the Emmaus Multi-Academy Company.
• Have the ability to challenge all pupils to make exceptional progress and have high expectations of the behaviour of all pupils.
• Has the ability to develop children’s well-being and self-esteem.
• Demonstrate a positive working attitude at all times and believe in collaborative work.
• Have experience in successfully leading and developing a subject.
• Have a good knowledge of current educational research.
• Have an impact on educational progress beyond your assigned pupils.
• Line manage and appraise identified staff.
• Lead a Core Curriculum area.
• To analyse and interpret whole school data and produce action plans for improvement.
• To manage behaviour effectively in both the classroom and through supporting colleagues
with behaviour management.
St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School can offer:
• A warm, welcoming and friendly environment with a supportive team.
• Support, mentoring and CPD within school and across all other schools in Emmaus
Catholic Multi Academy Company.
• A committed and supportive SLT, staff and Governing Body.
• A chance to work with happy children who are resilient and eager to learn.
• “Our school is led and managed well.
Our school is a calm, safe place for our
students to be.” Staff survey
We are committed to an exciting vision of providing “excellent education for all in the
heart of our communities: nourishing faith, nurturing talent, fostering aspiration.”
Emmaus Catholic MAC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove their right to work in the UK.
Effective from September 2022, KCSIE states as part of the shortlisting process, school and colleges should
consider carrying out on-line searches, as part of the due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This is to
determine suitability to work with children and keep them safe. All shortlisted candidates are now subject to an
on-line check and if there is anything concerning, then the shortlisted candidate will be asked to comment on it
either prior to interview or at interview.
A full application pack is available from
Mrs J Bate
Phone – 01384 985 005
Online - www.emmausmac.com
We warmly welcome visits to the
school. For specific questions about
the role and/or to request a visit,
please contact Mrs J Bate
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.