Class Teacher KS2
The Thomas Coram Church of England School, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £25,543 to £37,152|
*If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic person with high expectations of yourself, your colleagues and your pupils, you could be the teacher we're seeking to appoint to join our team. The position is full time and due to commence September 2020.
*To undertake the role of a KS2 class teacher taking responsibility for the education and welfare of a designated class of children in accordance with the current School Teachers’ Pay & Conditions Document, having due regard to the requirements of the National Curriculum and LA and school policies.
*You should be passionate about learning and achievement, and support the values that underpin our school. You should be calm, confident and creative, and keen to work collaboratively within a year group team and share good practice both within our school and within our federation.
*For more details including job description and person specification please click on link below:
*Please apply using application form, link to website below:
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Evidence of participation in relevant CPD
• Accredited professional development
• Knowledge of current KS2 curriculum and developments
• Knowledge of how children learn and a range of difference teaching and learning strategies
• Knowledge of current educational issues pertaining to the phase
• Knowledge of Health & Safety issues
• Knowledge of current safeguarding practice
• Evidence of consistently good, successful teaching experience in KS2
• A proven track record as an outstanding teacher
• Evidence of the use of assessment information to inform planning for good teaching
• Evidence of consistent and effective planning of lessons to meet pupils’ differing learning needs
• Evidence of good classroom management
• Set high expectations and motivate pupils
• Use ICT effectively to engage pupils and support learning
• Work as part of a team with a range of adults
• Manage time effectively and meet deadlines
• Communicate effectively to different audiences including parents
• A willingness to learn and develop new skills
• Commitment to inclusive education
• Commitment to make a difference in the lives of young people
• An enthusiastic, flexible and positive approach
• Commitment to the ethos of a church school
• Commitment to contribute to all aspects of school life
Essential skills and experience
Please see educational and qualifications section for details.
We can offer you:
• a school with great facilities
• an experienced teacher mentor for less experienced staff
• supportive and friendly colleagues who value teamwork
• opportunities to develop your professional practice and experience
• amazing children
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||377 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Thomas Coram Church of England School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Thomas Coram Church of England School
We are a Voluntary Aided school in the St. Albans Diocese and Local Authority of Hertfordshire.Our school is part of the Berkhamsted Schools’ pyramid and serves a mixed catchment.
The Thomas Coram CE School is part of the Castle Federation, with one of our partner infant schools, Victoria CE Infant and Nursery School. It is a friendly, supportive and welcoming 4 form entry junior school. In February 2018, OFSTED stated that the school ‘continues to be Good’ - 'Pupils are carefully nurtured from the moment they start. They behave very well and work hard'. Our Church School inspection in November 2019 confirmed we are an Excellent Anglican School (SIAMS).
We are a Voluntary Aided school in the St. Albans Diocese and Local Authority of Hertfordshire. Our school is part of the Berkhamsted Schools’ pyramid and serves a mixed catchment.
Although we are a church school, we welcome children from all faiths and no faith. Our core Christian values are respect, responsibility and friendship; these values were chosen by children, parents, staff and governors and we believe they are essential to enable every child to grow up as happy, secure and well-adjusted individuals. These values firmly underpin all that we do.
We aim to ensure that our young people succeed and become confident young adults, equipped for life in the 21st century. We look forward to working in partnership with parents, pupils and the wider community as we build on past successes and move confidently into the future.
The school is located on the Hemel Hempstead side of Berkhamsted and has easy access to London and the Chilterns. It serves the local community and surrounding villages.
Swing Gate Lane, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 2RP