- Maternity or parental leave cover (12 months)
Class Teacher job summary
The governors at Lammack Community Primary School are seeking to appoint 2 class teachers to cover 2 maternity leaves (with the possibility to become permanent depending on the needs of the school).
Lammack Community Primary School is a larger than average primary school which is desirable to work at due to the hardworking children, fantastic staff team spirit and excellent environment and facilities.
‘This is an ambitious school where pupils’ academic and personal development are equally important. Leaders ensure that pupils’ skills develop well across the wider curriculum. As a result, pupils are confident, resilient learners and are prepared thoroughly for the next stage of their education’. (Ofsted 2017)
These positions will give the successful candidates the opportunity to join Lammack during a significant period of expansion. There is currently a large build project taking place to transform this very popular primary school from a 2 ½ form entry to a 3 form entry school. From September 2023 there will be a year on year increase for the following seven years and so the successful candidates would be joining the school at the optimum time for future prospects.
‘Pupils are articulate and express their views and opinions clearly. Pupils listen attentively, respect other people’s ideas and their attitudes to learning are positive. This is evident in pupils’ diligence in class and in the high-quality presentation in their books. Relationships between staff and pupils are supportive and nurturing. As a result, pupils are keen to challenge themselves in their learning’. (Ofsted 2017)
The successful candidates will:
• be innovative, dynamic teachers who engage the children in their learning
• have high expectations of achievement, progress and learning
• be a good communicator, with excellent organisational and effective interpersonal skills
• demonstrate a commitment to teamwork as well as being able to work independently and use their initiative
• be able to develop positive relationships demonstrating the Lammack and British Values.
• be able to actively promote and safeguard the welfare of children, adhering to the school’s safeguarding and associated policies.
• be experienced, motivated and inspirational teachers or enthusiastic ECTs keen to develop their skills in a supportive environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful primary school during a period of substantial expansion.
Closing date: Friday 20 May 2022
(successful applicants will be informed by the end of the day).
Interview date: Monday 23 May 2022
Lammack Community Primary School is committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of all children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
This job post has expired.
About Lammack Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 488 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
We can offer:
• Well behaved, hard-working children
• First class facilities, resources and working environment
• A positive, ambitious staff team – with a strong focus on teamwork
• A supportive senior leadership team
• Future possible permanent prospects due to school expansion
• Flexibility on year group and subject leadership
Arranging a visit to Lammack Primary School
Visits to the school are welcome. Please call 01254 698584 to book a visit.