Class Teacher & Leader
62 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Summer or Autumn Term 2023
31 May 2023 at 9am
6 March 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - A full-time class role with PPA and additional coaching release for the candidate.
- M1-M6, UPS
TLR to be agreed for the role: curriculum champion, teaching and learning coach or subject leadership.
What skills and experience we're looking for
Thank you for clicking on Mason Moor's advert!
We are looking for a teacher who is hungry and ambitious for leadership. As headteacher, I don't believe in experience dictating your ambition to become a leader. If there's a fire in your belly to make a difference - this is the school to make it happen at!
I would like to appoint somebody who adheres and wants to work in a context where 'no ceiling' limits are placed on children's potential and where opportunity exists for all. We serve one of the biggest council estates in Southampton and our children need teachers and leaders who help them to become the best they can be.
You need to be:
- A skilled teacher who demonstrates competent practice and is happy and willing to share it.
- Somebody looking for progression on a steeper learning curve than typically anticipated.
- A committed practitioner who can apply their teaching skills across the school to benefit teachers and pupils across phases.
What the school offers its staff
- We have a unique curriculum that is pre-planned in all non-core lessons - enabling teachers to have their Sunday's to themselves! We provide the lesson planning, subject knowledge development and the visuals - they just need to be tweaked as you see appropriate.
- We operate a supportive and thought-through well being strategy - where teachers are able to take well-being days within the year!
- We utilise technology - we have VR (virtual reality) headsets for bringing the curriculum alive and utilise Google and Apple software.
- Every child visits London and has 3 trips/visits per year!
- We work in partnership with another local school - ensuring that you benefit from the experience of another setting as well as being able to contribute to wider school improvement.
- We offer well-being that is unrivalled - from a reduced feedback policy (limited marking) to Well-being Days throughout the year.
- Induction across both of the Executive Headteacher's schools.
Further details about the role
- In Autumn 2022 we had a redecoration of our entire school.
- We rebranded with a new logo to bring us into the 21st Century.
- There are opportunities to work across the Executive Head's schools.
In your application - it would be useful to see mention of:
- Your approach to pedagogy and it's impact on the classroom.
- Your assessment data and how you use this to accelerate pupil outcomes.
- Experience of working in, or with, socio-economically deprived families.
NOTE: Please do not apply from overseas if requiring a visa.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Mason Moor Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 207 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Mason Moor Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
We are keen to receive applications from experienced as well as early career teachers – we know that both add a dynamic to school that will support our continued growth and development. - We are a small (one and a half form entry) primary school situated in the Millbrook ward of Southampton. - We serve an increasingly diverse community and one where deprivation is high with many of our parents and carers living on Southampton’s largest social-housing estate. - In September 2022, we welcomed a new headteacher and newly established senior team. Our offer to every teacher: • Bespoke professional development opportunities. • Cutting-edge technology for the planning and delivery of lessons. Use of multi- collaboration platforms to simplify the process of lesson planning. • A device to help your planning, preparation and assessment. • A ‘Staff wellbeing charter’ with perks including, a paid days leave throughout the year for personal wellbeing. A commitment to reduce planning. • The introduction of a new curriculum for non-core subjects that includes the sequential planning, learning resources and visuals. • A feedback policy that focuses on providing children with a dialogue to support improvement - not onerous marking!
Arranging a visit to Mason Moor Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Classroom Teacher with Year Leader Responsibility
Queen's Park Infant Academy
East Way, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 9PU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Southampton and Hampshire