Minimum 1 year contract
Do you have the drive and ambition to make a difference to the lives of the young people at our school?
Hillborough Junior School is seeking to employ on a fixed term basis, due to maternity leave, a creative, enthusiastic and dynamic Key Stage Two Teacher to join our outstanding team.
Hillborough Junior School is a very successful school, both academically and within the sporting arena. We are very passionate about promoting sport and performing arts within our school as this provides children with the confidence and self-belief to ‘aspire to excellence’.
Our school site is home to the Hillrise Behaviour Provision and The Shire Initial Teacher Training Centre and we have partnerships with many organisations in the town and further afield.
What do we require?
· An inspirational practitioner with the passion for improving the lives of children.
· An individual that has a secure knowledge of the Key Stage Two Curriculum.
· Someone who will work positively within a team and inspire others in the school community.
· A creative practitioner who understands how young children learn and engage with the world around them.
· Someone with high expectations of children’s attainment, progress and behaviour.
· Someone to contribute to the school’s continued drive for improvement.
· An individual with an unwavering commitment to safeguarding our children.
What we can offer you?
· A friendly, hardworking and supportive staff team and governing body.
· Happy, motivated and well-behaved children.
· A positive, well-resourced teaching environment including the outside environment.
· Active encouragement and commitment to your personal and professional development
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to arrange a visit, or would like an opportunity to discuss this role informally, then please contact the Head Teacher,'s PA, Michelle O'Driscoll on 01582 613331 or visit our website www.hillborough-jun.luton.sch.uk for more information about our school.
SAFEGUARDING ''We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view.' The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The school reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.