- Maternity or parental leave cover (31 October 2022 until July 2023)
Class Teacher (Maternity Cover) job summary
KS1 Maternity Cover- Full Time
Would you like to join an enthusiastic, hard-working team, working with lovely children in the ancient coastal town of Watchet on the West Somerset Coast? We are a friendly and expanding school with its own flourishing nursery on-site. Relationships are central to all that we do and we are committed to enabling each child to achieve their best in all aspects of their learning as an individual. To this end, we are constantly trying to improve as adults in order to extend the quality of teaching and learning for our young people.
We are looking for someone who:
• Will give every child a happy and motivational environment in which to learn and prosper;
• Is an excellent teacher with high expectations of all pupils;
• Is intuitive and used to using effective Assessment for Learning strategies to identify and provide for each child’s need.
• Has strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively as part of a team;
• Promotes positive and inclusive relationships with pupils, parents and the wider community;
• Is supportive of our church school ethos.
• Welcoming and enthusiastic learners;
• Friendly, supportive and dedicated staff;
• Well-resourced and spacious school environment.
This temporary post is to cover a maternity leave in KS1, with the ideal candidate taking up the position from the start of the new academic year until July 2023 (there is a possible option of the post starting on 31st October subject to the availability of the successful candidate). We welcome applications from NQTs and main pay scale teachers. An information pack containing the job description, person specification and application form is available from the School Office via e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the school website www.knightstemplarfirst.co.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office to arrange an appointment – 01984 634385.
Closing date for applications – noon on Monday 13 June 2022
Interviews will be during the week beginning Monday 20 June 2022
The school has a commitment to safeguard children and all posts require a criminal background check via the DBS, medical clearance and references.
This job post has expired.