New Horizons Primary School is seeking to appoint a Class Teacher to join our team on a fixed term basis to cover maternity. We are looking for someone who has the drive, skills and passion to work at our primary academy based in Portsmouth with either Early Years or KS2 experience.
You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
What you will need to succeed:
- Qualified Teacher status. Applications from Early Career Teachers are welcome
- Passionate about teaching, learning and improving the life chances of our children
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- A positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
“Pupils behave well in class and feel safe. They listen to teachers and to each other attentively, respecting the views of others” – Ofsted
At New Horizons we strive to make a positive difference, each and every day together!
What you will get from our Trust:
- Minimum starting salary £28,817 for all ECTs
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and colleagues within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You -A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
It is our intention to apply a 6.5% pay increase to Teachers Pay Scale’s, once the 2023 pay offer is formally approved by the UK Parliament.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.