We are recruiting for a three day a week Class Teacher to cover a Maternity Leave in our wonderful school.
The Maternity Cover begins in the week commencing Monday 6th May- however, it's preferable that the candidate starts sooner to shadow the Class Teacher and to aid a smooth transition.
Please see the additional information below. To discuss the role and/or book a tour, please email us on email@example.com.
- To take overall responsibility for a class of children as designated by the Headteacher
- To plan stimulating, challenging and enjoyable activities which provide children with unforgettable learning opportunities
- To teach pupils according to their educational needs
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any other class or group of pupils assigned
- Providing guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters
- Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of pupils
- Communicating and consulting with parents of pupils
- Participating in Parent Information Evenings
- Communicating and consulting with persons or bodies outside the school
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessment reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils
- Participating in arrangements made for Performance Management
- Reviewing from time to time methods of teaching and programmes of work
- Participating in arrangements for further training and professional development as a teacher
- Advising and co-operating with the Headteacher and other teachers on the preparation and development of courses, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on school premises and engaged in school activities elsewhere
- Participating in school meetings which relate to the curriculum, administration or organisation of the school
- Supervising and, as far as practicable, teaching any pupils whose teacher is not available to teach
Other Professional Requirements:
To set an excellent standard of behaviour and to be an inspiring role model for children
To establish and maintain constructive relationships with parents
To be responsible for the welfare, safety and professionalism of support staff, students and others working in the classroom and to ensure that they are deployed effectively
To take shared responsibility for the school environment and to encourage children to have a pride in their school
To be supportive of other work colleagues and to foster good working relationships and a friendly working environment
To promote a positive image of the school and the Great Learners Trust in the community
This job post has expired.