Mitcheldean Endowed Primary School, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,371 to £35,267 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Fixed term maternity cover in year 4 class.
As a qualified teacher this job description needs to be read in conjunction with the School Teachers’ Pay and conditions document, a copy of which is available in school. This document outlines general professional duties of all teachers including:
teaching, planning and preparation, setting and marking work, assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils, communicating with parents and outside agencies, appraisal, professional development, discipline, health and safety, staff meetings, cover for colleagues, examinations, management, administration and working time.
In addition at our school we expect the successful candidate to:
• Actively promote the agreed vision of the school
• Attend and contribute to worship and the Christian ethos of the school
• Contribute to the life of the school by leading a club.
• Contribute to children’s public performance
• Teachers are expected to change year groups from time to time and this may involve a change of Key Stage
• Set high standards in behaviour and manners by modelling desirable characteristics
• Keep the school policies and procedures including Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
• Be proactive about own CPD
• Support the leadership of the school
• Lead or work towards curriculum leadership of an agreed subject area
• Support colleagues and share best practice
As a class teacher:
• Work co-operatively with other members of staff
• Share ideas for improving practice
• Use constructive feedback to improve performance
• Accept, embrace and promote agreed ideas
• Take responsibility for a class of children
• Plan, prepare and carry out teaching to maximise the learning opportunities for each child in accordance with school policy and practice
• Create a stimulating and tidy working environment and contribute to the whole school learning environment
• Direct the work of additional adults and listen to their ideas and suggestions.
• Report to governors/parents where appropriate
• Undertake any other reasonable request by the Head Teacher and/or Team Leader
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
We are seeking a teacher who:
Is creative, enthusiastic and committed to the children and the school.
Is passionate about achieving the best outcomes for each child.
Is enthusiastic in their commitment to the development of school life
Is confident adapting their provision to meet the varying needs within a class
Is willing to evaluate their own practise and keen to learn, adapt and improve through continuous professional development.
Has high expectations for the attainment, behaviour and welfare of all children.
Is kind, caring and wants the very best for the children in their care.
Has good organisational skills and high standards of written and oral communication.
Can form positive, effective relationships within our close knit school community, taking an active part in all aspects of school life.
Will support and promote the schools vision and values.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||197 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Mitcheldean Endowed Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Mitcheldean Endowed Primary School
Hawker Hill, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0BS