Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (One academic year)
Main Pay Scale
New Town Primary School
Classroom Teachers required
1 x permanent contract (placed initially in Foundation Stage)
1 x one year contract (year group dependant on experience)
Start date: September 2021
These roles would be ideal for an NQT or early career teacher
We are seeking two talented, friendly and dynamic teachers to join our established team at New Town in September 2021. These roles will be crucial in supporting our aspirational ‘Good’ school to continue to improve, as we look to always provide the very best for our diverse children and families.
These roles would be ideal for NQTs or RQTs although all suitable applicants will be considered. We require one permanent teacher to be placed in Foundation Stage and one temporary class teacher for either KS1 or KS2. The temporary post is due to fluctuating numbers but we anticipate this potentially becoming a permanent post once numbers stabilise.
Joining our team means you’ll need to be:
- An enthusiastic classroom practitioner with excellent teaching skills who is forward thinking and able to adapt quickly and easily
- An excellent teacher with children at the heart of all planning and practice
- Dynamic and fast-paced, finding effective solutions at every turn whilst considering others’ points of view
- A team player with the ability to work well both individually, as part of a phase and as a whole staff
- Thoughtful and reflective, and enjoy using research and literature to help shape your practice
- A kind and caring person, enjoying the bustling life of our diverse school family and always looking to recognise our polite and kind children
- Efficient and effective in your working practices and able to prioritise well
In return, our team can offer:
- An optimistic and close-knit senior leadership team with a track record of improving schools
- A firmly established ethos of caring for one another in our school family
- A strong middle leadership team who will guide and nurture you through your role
- A commitment to professional development, and a belief in driving improvement through looking outwards to the world beyond our walls
- A beautiful Victorian school with an abundance of space and opportunity, filled with light, life and love
- The opportunity to work with a wider professional team of three unique schools, all brilliantly supported by a Trust who strongly value the individual school’s character, ethos and approaches
- Secure car parking and a staff well-being package
Visits to the school may be possible depending on local restrictions, and prospective candidates are warmly welcomed to book a preliminary phone call or Teams call before they apply, should they like to discuss the role or school further with the Headteacher.
New Town and BST is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references
To request an application pack, please contact Natasha Kirby, Trust Operations Manager: Email firstname.lastname@example.org , phone on 07538 539690 or please visit the Trust website www.berkshireschoolstrust.org
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 14th April 2021. Interviews planned week commencing Monday 19th April.
Berkshire Schools Trust is an exempt charity and a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered company number 100524
Staff well-being package
Free car park
Applying for the job
Please visit our website to download application packs.
Documents are listed under the vacancies tab.
Please return completed applications to email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
276 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About New Town Primary School
We are a school family working together in partnership to develop a love of learning and respect for one another. New Town Primary School in the midst of a richly diverse community and we have a strong school ethos where we live and breathe ‘Respect for All’. Collective worship takes place daily, where we celebrate our rich cultural heritage and explore our gifts and talents together. Our children’s needs, whether academic, behavioural or emotional, are at the heart of our provision and decision making at New Town. Our pupils are rightfully proud of their achievements and enjoy celebrating these as part of our school family whilst developing our ethos of respect, love, tolerance and honesty. New Town is a safe haven of love and care for the pupils who attend it.
New Town Primary School
Age Range: 3-11 (Nursery-Year 6)
Arranging a visit to New Town Primary School
Please email us with your availability and contact details. firstname.lastname@example.org