Class Teacher (Permanent)
The Priory Church of England Primary School, Christchurch, Dorset
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373,.00 to £35,971,.00|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
Vision Statement for Staff
Our school will support and encourage our staff to:
• Champion others
• Grow and develop
• Be inspirational and committed
• Be scandalously inclusive
All staff are expected to:
• work in accordance with school policies, providing excellent moral, social, spiritual and cultural role models;
• put the needs of the school’s pupils first and actively promote an enthusiasm to learn.
• be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people that they are responsible for / come into contact with, in accordance with the school’s safeguarding and child protection policy.
All teachers are expected to:
• have attained the National Standards for Qualified Teacher Status;
• enhance and update their teaching skills through continuing professional development.
Teachers are entitled to regular reviews of their performance in accordance with the school’s Appraisal policy. This will highlight priorities for further professional development, which The Priory Primary School is committed to facilitating.
Teachers will work in accordance with the current DfE Teachers’ Pay and Conditions of Service document.
• Teachers are required to be available to work 195 days per year, determined by their employer, 190 of these shall be teaching days.
• Teachers shall be available to perform such duties at such times and such places as may be specified by the head teacher for 1265 hours in any school year.
• Teachers are required to work such additional hours as may be needed to enable them to discharge effectively their professional duties, including, in particular, the marking of pupils’ work, the writing of reports on pupils and the preparation of lessons, teaching material and teaching programmes
Class Teachers are responsible to the Headteacher to:
• provide for the educational care and development of a class group of children and any other groups to which you are assigned;
• create a positive, exciting, stimulating learning environment;
• promote positive attitudes to learning;
• enable all the children you teach to learn according to their age, aptitude and ability as expressed through the school’s learning policies;
• be aware of the needs of individuals and plan appropriately differentiated learning tasks;
• fully exploit cross-curricular themes so that your pupils appreciate that all aspects of study are interconnected;
• plan and deliver stimulating and challenging learning activities to ensure broad and balanced coverage of the National Curriculum in accordance with school policies and subject guidelines;
• teach the content of the English and Maths programmes of study, exploiting links with other subject areas and ensuring pupils have a strong sense of purpose;
• ensure the exploitation of first hand learning opportunities;
• ensure teaching pays due regard to the social, moral, spiritual, cultural and personal development of pupils in a multi-cultural society;
• ensure high standards of teaching and learning;
• meet with colleagues to ensure continuity, progression and promote teamwork;
• work in partnership with parents to ensure progress and supportive challenge for pupils;
• report and discuss progress and pupil needs to and with parents through parents’ evenings and written reports;
• keep the welfare of pupils as a paramount concern;
• undertake any duties which may reasonably be given to you by the head teacher.
Non-NQT teachers are expected to lead a core subject or 2 foundation subjects.
- Permanent Teacher Advert for Sept 2020.pdf  0.40 MB
- Teacher Person Specification.pdf  0.42 MB
- Class Teacher Job Description Sept 2020.pdf  0.28 MB
- Application Pack and Accompanying Letter - Permanent Class teacher Sept 2020.pdf  1.14 MB
- Child Protection Policy (ratified 18 Sept 2019).pdf  1.08 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||212 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Priory Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Wick Lane, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1HX