The Shared Learning Trust – Staff Benefits
We offer a fantastic range of benefits across our trust, supporting our staff in a variety of ways. From an extensive Wellbeing package to an onsite car wash, you can be reassured that we have your best interests at heart.
Perkbox and Perkbox Medical
NPQ’s Teacher Development Trust and training courses with The National College
Staff social events, including 5 a-side football and BBQs
Reduced gym membership rates
Staff recognition with reward shopping vouchers
Online delivery drop off service, including Amazon
Free eye test vouchers
Support for all staff with an experienced licensed counsellor
Free tea and coffee plus a reusable bamboo coffee cup for new starters
Free onsite car parking at all academies
Cycle to work scheme
Enhanced pension employers’ contribution and death in service payment
Dry cleaning and ironing service
Refer a friend £500 bonus scheme
The Vale Academy is an exceptional primary school that offers a warm, welcoming, and nurturing learning environment for children aged 2-11.
We are looking for a creative and innovative Class Teacher to join our team and play a key role in motivating and inspiring young learners. In everything we do, we aim to create a positive and safe environment to foster success and impact our students’ lives.
Why join The Vale Academy?
1. Fantastic Students: The Vale Academy is home to some of the most wonderful students you'll ever meet. Our students are kind, caring, and eager to learn. They make the school a joyous place to be.
2. Hardworking Teachers: Our teachers are dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate about their work. They go above and beyond to ensure that every child receives a high-quality education, tailored to their individual needs.
3. Supportive Parents: Our parents are actively involved in their children's education and work closely with our teachers to ensure that their children receive the best possible education. We value our parent's support and work together to create a strong, supportive community.
4. Safe and Nurturing Environment: We believe that a child's learning environment plays an essential role in their success. Our school is a safe, nurturing environment where children feel comfortable to learn, grow, and explore.
5. Opportunities for leadership progression: As part of The Shared Learning Trust, we place value in our own colleagues and empower them to reach their full potential. We offer a range of training opportunities, include NPQ qualifications, coaching and mentoring and Masters qualifications, and encourage those who want to progress into leadership roles.
Overall, The Vale Academy is a school that is dedicated to providing an outstanding education to every child. Our lovely students, hardworking teachers, and supportive parents create a community that is committed to excellence in all areas of education.
The successful candidate will have:
QTS is a must.
Passion for Education: Ideal candidates should have a genuine love for teaching and a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of their students.
Creativity: Primary school students respond well to engaging and creative teaching methods. Ideal candidates should be able to think outside the box and come up with new and exciting ways to teach.
Excellent Communication Skills: Ideal candidates should be able to communicate effectively with both students and parents. They should be able to explain complex ideas in simple terms and be able to give constructive feedback.
Strong Organisational Skills: Primary school teachers have a lot of responsibilities, and it is important to be organised and efficient. Ideal candidates should be able to manage their time effectively and have strong organisational skills.
Team Player: Teaching is a collaborative effort, and ideal candidates should be able to work well with colleagues and other members of staff.
Continuous Learning: Ideal candidates should be committed to ongoing professional development and should be willing to learn and adapt to new teaching methods and technologies.
Start date: January 2024
Salary: MPS/UPS £30,000 - £46,525
Contract: Full time, permanent, teacher T&C’s
We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as:
“Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
This job post has expired.