Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Overall Purpose of Post:
To be responsible for year 1 or year 2 within the primary classroom
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be required to carry out the following duties. The nature of the Academy year requires some of these tasks to be done regularly whilst others will be on an annual cycle.
Leadership & Management
• Take responsibility for our Nursery setting.
• Ensure all pupils have access to the curriculum.
• Ensure the curriculum is taught consistently, has balance, shows progression and continuity, and is matched to needs.
• Manage resources within the classroom.
• Attend year group and whole school meetings and training.
• Manage Teaching Assistants allocated to the class and to individual children and liaise with the SENDCo.
• Liaise with outside agencies with regard to SEN children in the class.
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• Deliver creative and effective teaching strategies and approaches.
• Make effective use of AfL strategies to assess progress and inform planning.
• Incorporate a range of teaching styles to match individual needs of pupils.
• Ensure pupils in the class are set appropriate challenging targets.
• Provide pupils with cross-curricular links.
• Contribute to medium term and weekly planning meetings.
• Ensure the classroom promotes a positive learning environment e.g. displays to celebrate children’s achievements.
• Bring any concerns to the Principal.
• Communicate pastoral concerns with parents, working together to resolve issues.
• Contribute to the wider life of school (PTFA events, clubs etc).
Outcomes for Pupils
• Ensure intervention strategies, where appropriate, are taking place within the weekly timetable.
• Maintain an overview of standards and progress within the class.
• Monitor the progress of pupils throughout the year, identifying underachievement. This will be monitored through regular data meetings.
• Monitor progress of vulnerable groups within the class.
• Moderate assessments within the Trust.
• Report progress and attainment to parents/carers.
• Work with parents and encourage their involvement in supporting their children’s learning.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
• Ensure children are safe within the classroom environment.
• Ensure the Behaviour policy is implemented.
• Read and implement all policies relating to Safeguarding of children.
• Liaise with SENDCo and Designated Safeguarding Person when appropriate.
• Liaise with MDS over lunchtime concerns.
• Share responsibility for the appearance of the school (displays, tidiness of resources etc).
• Be aware of any Health & Safety issues.
• Work in a professional manner and with integrity and maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Maintain up to date knowledge in line with national changes and legislation as appropriate to the role.
• Be aware of and comply with all Academy policies including in particular Health and Safety and Safeguarding.
• Participate in the Academy Appraisal process and undertake professional development as required.
• Adhere to all internal and external deadlines.
• Contribute to the overall aims and ethos of the Spencer Academies Trust and establish constructive relationships with nominated Academies and other agencies as appropriate to the role.
These above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, the post- holder maybe required to carry out other duties as required by the Principal/Trust.
These duties are to be carried out in conjunction with School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions.
This job description is to be reviewed annually and may be amended following consultation between the Principal and the Post Holder.
The Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
Potential TLR for the right candidate
Free School, ages 3 to 11
Up to 135 pupils
3 to 11
About Rosecliffe Spencer Academy
Are you ready to make your mark?
At Rosecliffe Spencer Academy we are looking for a class teacher to work in our Year 1 or 2 class. We are looking for someone to share our vision, someone excited by the challenge of a brand-new school and someone who will get stuck into all aspects of life at Rosecliffe!
We are looking for:
• A teacher who plans enriching experiences, instils a love of learning and has high aspirations
• A pioneer and an innovator
• A reflective practitioner
• A research-driven practitioner
• Someone who is passionate about making a genuine difference
• A collaborator, a team player, a future leader
• Someone who wants to be involved in everything!
We can offer not only the chance to shape a school but also brilliant opportunities to develop your practice and leadership qualities.
Arranging a visit to Rosecliffe Spencer Academy
Arranged by contacting 01159346533