Class Teacher(s) Required Sept 2020
Required from September 2020:
TMS 1 - 6
Salary £24373 - £35971 p.a. pro rata
Having joined the Schoolsworks Academy Trust in April 2018, Downsbrook is now a rapidly improving school with high ambition and a renewed sense of vision and purpose.
Together the leadership and staff team have already started the journey, away from the OFSTED of the previous administration and are intent on making Downsbrook the outstanding school that it has the potential to be.
Downsbrook is also growing in popularity, which means that we are increasing the number of classes we plan to have next year. We are looking to appoint a main scale teacher(s) to join our friendly, caring and committed team, to inspire and motivate our pupils to reach their full potential and achieve high standards.
We are looking for prospective candidates with a very good understanding of high quality teaching and learning, together with a firm grasp of how to promote excellent behaviour. In return we can offer a supportive and friendly working environment with the possibility of professional development opportunities both within school and across our Trust.
For a list of essential and/or desirable skills please see the job description and person specification available to download alongside this advert.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
The Schoolsworks Academy Trust and Downsbrook Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to successful DBS, health and qualifications checks and satisfactory references.
Please contact the office if you would like to arrange a visit either via email email@example.com or phone 01903 230467. Applications should be sent to the school or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: 12 noon, 4th March 2020.
Interview date: Monday 16th March 2020
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree with PGCE or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent experience of teaching in either EYFS, KS 1 or KS2
• Knowledge & understanding of safeguarding requirements in schools
• Sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2
• Secure subject knowledge of English and Maths suitable for teaching across Primary range
• Have an excellent understanding of what makes high quality teaching and learning.
• Successful experience of managing behaviour of pupils
• Sound understanding of effective use of assessment & feedback in class
• Understanding of how to meet the needs of pupils with a range of prior attainment
• Be a positive role model for children and staff
• Collaborate effectively with staff, parents/ carers and children across our academy trust.
Please refer to the full person specification for this role.
We can offer:-
Wide ranging high quality professional development and career opportunities within our trust;
Well supported induction for both NQT’s and teachers new to the school;
Mentoring from outstanding colleagues and the opportunity to work alongside experienced practitioners.
My Rewards- our benefits and rewards employee portal.
About Downsbrook Primary School
A 3 form entry primary school
- Dominion Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 8GD
- Downsbrook Primary School website (opens in a new window)