- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- English, Mathematics, Science
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fringe Teacher Pay Scale
We are recruiting for a class teacher for our Advanced learner KS3/4 class. Some of the pupils will be working towards GCSEs and you will be required to teach a minimum of one of three subject areas at this level (two or more preferred). The subjects are maths, science and English. This will vary from year to year.
This role can be applied for as just class teacher or as a class teacher who is a cohort lead.
As a teacher who is a cohort lead will be responsible for 1 class in collaboration with the ABA Supervisor (direct teaching time .6). Each class has a senior tutor to assist in day to day program implementation and monitoring and pupil support is provided on a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio by our ABA Tutors, based on student needs.
The main purpose of the Cohort lead job:
• Take specific responsibility and accountability for the day to day management and organisation of your cohort of classes
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner
• Have an impact on educational progress beyond your assigned pupils
• Line manage and appraise identified staff, including mentoring of class teachers (sometimes including Trainees or NQTs)
• Assist in the smooth running of the school at all times, including being responsible with the other middle leaders for the school in the absence of the headteacher, and other members of the SLT
Benefits of joining the team at FBS:
Ongoing support and mentoring by our Senior Leaders
Regular collaboration with a team of BCBAs and BCaBAs
Collaboration with Speech and Occupational Therapists, in addition to other specialists (e.g. Art Therapists)
Collaboration with other Curriculum Leaders
Crisis Management training
Candidates will possess the following:
A positive, solution-focused attitude
The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
The ability to deliver teaching in a fun, enthusiastic and systematic way to a variety of learners
Experience working with children on the Autism spectrum
Please review both the Class teacher and Cohort Lead job descriptions and person specifications.
Please note in your personal statement if you are applying for the Class teacher role only or the role as Cohort Lead.
plus potential leadership allowance if doing the cohort lead role of £4809
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.