Class Teacher (SEN)
9 days remaining to apply
Start date details
7 April 2023 at 9am
3 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday 27.5 hours
- Main Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
1. To set clear learning objectives and plan for and teach across the whole age and ability range.
2. Use information to plan lessons and learning materials to motivate and support all students to make at least good progress.
3. To have high aspirations and set challenging targets for all students, to ensure they remember,know and can do more.
4. To set high expectations for learners' behaviour, learning, motivation and presentation of work by establishing a purposeful working atmosphere and providing challenging and inspirational learning experiences.
5. To work in collaboration with Teaching Assistants assigned to any teaching group/student withinthe group.
6. Take account of students’ prior learning, learning styles and needs and use them to setappropriately challenging targets and learning activities.
7. To promote and develop literacy and numeracy skills throughout teaching and learning activitiesso that literacy and numeracy do not present barriers to learning.
8. To provide intervention activities for those students who need support to boostattainment/progress or who require additional challenge.
9. Set work for students absent from school for health or disciplinary reasons.
10. To manage the behaviour and discipline of students within the classroom in line with the school’s Behaviour for Learning Policy
11. To ensure that teaching room, resources and equipment are maintained in good order, withparticular regard to Health & Safety and security of property.
12. To use ICT and other technologiesand learning resources aslearning toolsto inspireand motivatelearners.
13. To ensure that a stimulating learning environment is maintained in the classroom, includingprovision of a high quality of display.
What the school offers its staff
St Giles is an
inspiring, exciting and aspirational school for children and young people aged
3-18 with a broad range of difficulties from moderate/severe to profound and
multiple, which includes those with autism and associated behaviours.
Based in Retford, our school provide highly specialised and personalised education to children and young people with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) from across the whole of the Bassetlaw, which is the most northerly district of Nottinghamshire.
We’re also a growing school. We have been commissioned to expand our provision from September 2022, with the introduction of a brand new class. There are currently 158 pupils on roll - 62 primary aged pupils and 96 secondary and post 16 aged learners. We anticipate we will have 179 pupils in 19 classes from September 2023 – and we’re really excited!!!
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Giles School
- School type
- Special school, ages 3 to 18
- School size
- 153 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Giles School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01777 703683
St. Giles is a friendly and aspirational school for children and young people aged 3-18 with a broad range of special educational needs, from moderate/severe to profound and multiple, which includes those with autism. We are situated in the market town of Retford and our school serves the whole of the Bassetlaw area, which is the most northerly district of Nottinghamshire. Our pupils are encouraged to work in a stimulating and caring environment, where they are taught that ‘no dreams are out of reach’. Our aim is to develop the full potential of individual children involving teachers, other professionals and parents in partnership. St. Giles School develops the full potential our pupils by providing a broad based and balanced curriculum which is individually tailored to the needs of each pupil. Curriculum includes National Curriculum and its pre-requisites, sensory education, communication skills, a wide ranging personal and social education programme, mobility education, and a well-developed post 16 education programme.
Arranging a visit to St Giles School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Ash Hill Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN7 6JH
Alfreton Park Community Special School
Alfreton Park, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7AL
St Giles School
Babworth Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7NJ
Carlton Digby School
61 Digby Avenue, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG3 6DS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nottinghamshire and Nottingham