St John’s is a very special place and we need a very special teacher to join our family. As a valued member of our team, you will play a vital role in the delivery of our KS2 curriculum. You will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to secure outstanding provision and to engage our children in a love of learning. You should also demonstrate a commitment to becoming involved in extra-curricular activities.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player. You should have a proven record of building positive relationships with pupils in order to support them to be successful, happy learners, be committed to developing your own teaching practice and share the school’s high expectations for all pupils.
“St John’s is a special place and we need a special sort of person.” School Councillor, Year 4
• Deliver interesting and inspiring lessons for your children, fostering a love of learning
• Have the capacity to bring innovative ideas to the classroom
• Play a fundamental role in shaping the direction and future of our children
• Be part of a highly successful network of schools both locally and nationally
• Receive bespoke training and support in order to be the very best teacher you can be
“Here at St John’s, within the context of Christian beliefs and practice, our children and their families always come first. We value our children’s feelings, creativeness and success in their learning equally, helping each child’s love of learning grow, whilst also developing their interior posture.” Andrew Knight, Headteacher
• Have a warm smile that makes every child feel special
• Be able to make every child feel safe when their world outside school might not always feel that way
• Have the fire in your belly that fuels your desire to help children to learn and grow
• Be prepared to deal with the lump in your throat when the children make progress
• Be able to laugh at some of the jokes our children share even though you don’t understand them or find them funny
• Be prepared to feel loved, special and important to our children and their families
Essential educational requirements
Relevant undergraduate degree
PGCE, Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner, whether newly qualified or more experienced.
Have evidence of being an excellent teacher;
Be able to meet the many and varied needs of all children;
Have evidence of raising standards and accelerating pupil progress;
Understand the structure and requirements of the National Curriculum;
Have thorough subject knowledge;
Be committed to the safeguarding and protection of children;
Be able to assess, record and report on the achievements of pupils;
Be committed to equal opportunities;
Respect and value different experiences and backgrounds;
Be able to develop positive relationships;
Work in partnership with parents:
Be a good communicator;
Have an exemplary record of attendance and punctuality;
Hold high expectations of pupils, adults and yourself;
Be committed to personal and professional development;
At BDAT we recognise our people are our most valuable resource and because our staff work above and beyond in order to achieve the best for our students, we have launched BDAT Benefits for our employees as a little thank you for everything you do.
Whether you want to save money on your shopping or childcare, take care of your well-being through discounted gym membership and health cash plans or be a bit more environmentally friendly through our bikes to work scheme, there is something for you – with new offers all the time.
More info available at https://www.bdat-academies.org/about-us/employee-benefit-scheme/
About St John's CofE Primary School
Our school serves its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. At St John’s we pride ourselves on our knowledge of our children: the children come first in all that we do. We work hard to know every child, to know their strengths and interests, so that their learning is always challenging and interesting. We work closely with families to ensure that our families are empowered to support their children within and beyond school. We are a popular two-form entry primary school with a nursery. The school is situated in exceptional grounds and draws children primarily from Bierley and the Holmewood estate. The team at St John’s work hard to ensure our curriculum is inspiring for our children, responding to their needs both academically and personally, building individual, independent children as they leave our school. We are proud to be part of the Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust (BDAT) family of schools. If you would like more information about our school or BDAT, you can browse our website or visit the BDAT website.
- Dawson Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD4 6JF
- St John's CofE Primary School website (opens in a new window)