Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main Pay Scale - Inner London
We are looking to develop our team and to appoint an exceptional teacher who will engage and inspire our children, providing them with excellent educational experiences.
We are looking for:
• someone who is creative, who can plan and deliver excellent learning experiences
• an individual who is able to empower children to help them explore their full potential
• a teacher who has a genuine love of learning that they can share with our children
• a team player, who will contribute positively to our school community and champion our children
• someone who will support and uphold the Christian ethos of our school.
At St John’s we have an ambitious vision which is shared by staff, governors and parents, enabling our children to develop positive and confident attitudes to learning. Our school is small and because of this we know every child and we can fulfil our aim for every child be the best they can be. Our staff expect the utmost from their pupils, themselves and the school. They use their expertise to provide pupils with challenging work and, as a result our children achieve well.
We believe that children should be taught by experts in their field and we employ a full time sports teacher and music teachers to work alongside our dedicated and committed team of teachers to get the best out of every child. We are committed to professional development - from the successful induction of NQTs to supporting staff on their journey through to middle leadership and beyond – we work with recognised partners to provide access to high quality training courses tailored to meet your needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic teacher. The successful applicant can look forward to working with a welcoming and dedicated team of individuals and children who love school and are proud of their achievements.
We also offer:
• wonderful children who simply love to learn!
• a connected curriculum approach to learning focused on developing children’s skills, knowledge and understanding through purposeful activities
• induction for all and CPD tailored to your career development
• a supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body who are committed to developing the leaders of the future
• strong partnerships with families, the local community and the opportunity to work with colleague across the borough through the Brixton Learning Collaborative and the Southwark Diocese of Education
• access to employee benefits through the Health Assurance Programme
For a candidate with the relevant experience and expertise there is the opportunity to take a more active role in shaping the future at St John the Divine by taking on leadership responsibilities.
Applying for the job
To apply: Complete the application form attached – please do not send a CV as this will not be accepted.
Applications close: Thursday 20th May 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 21st May
Interviews: Week beginning 24th May 2021
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.