- Fixed term (Full Time Fixed Term for one year with a view to becoming a permanent position.)
- M1 (£25714pa) to UPS 3 (£41604 pa) – depending on level of teaching experience
Class Teacher job summary
CLASS TEACHER – FULL TIME FIXED TERM FOR ONE YEAR WITH A VIEW TO BECOMING A PERMANENT POSITION
Required for September 2022
M1 (£25714pa) to UPS 3 (£41604 pa) – depending on level of teaching experience
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and committed class teacher who can make a significant contribution to our school. Applications are welcome from all qualified teachers – regardless of levels of experience.
Governors are seeking to appoint a class teacher who:
• Is a practising Catholic or is a person who is committed to the ethos and vision of Catholic Education.
• Has a passion for learning and is an outstanding and inspirational teacher with high expectations of children’s learning and behaviour.
• Is willing to listen, learn and work flexibly as part of a very strong and supportive teaching team.
We can offer:
• Happy, confident and motivated children who embrace new challenges.
• A continuously improving, outward looking and forward thinking school.
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued.
• A friendly, committed staff and engaging staff who are open to new ideas.
• An active and supportive Governing Body.
• A strong commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
The Governing Body of St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. An offer of employment would be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks.
St Joseph’s has formally adopted the Diocesan Model Statement on Equal Opportunities to ensure that we assess the best candidate against the criteria provided and do not discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1 July at 10.00am
Shortlisting will be held on: Friday 1 July at 2.00pm
Lesson Observation will take place: w/b Monday 4 July
Formal Interviews will take place on: Friday 8 July
Applying for the job
Application packs are available from Miss Haq via the school, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Benwell
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- Up to 236 pupils
- Age range
- 3 to 11
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is proudly a part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust. At St Joseph’s we live and learn in faith and love, through Jesus’ teachings. Our school is a family where we support each other and strive to fulfil our full potential.
Arranging a visit to St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Benwell
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Miss Haq, the School Office Manager, to arrange an appointment.