St Mary's Church of England Primary School, Birmingham, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £35,971|
We are looking to appoint a highly effective, creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join our school from the start of the summer term in April 2020.
The post will be based in Key Stage Two and will be a fixed-term contract until April 2021.
We are looking for somebody who is:
• Innovative, creative and enthusiastic.
• A teacher who can bring out the best in children and make learning fun.
• Able to inspire others.
• Up-to-date with curriculum innovation.
• Able to create exciting and challenging learning opportunities.
• Open to new ideas and with a range of interests.
• Able to meet the differing needs of children so that they reach their full potential.
• Committed to working closely with the school community.
• Keen to become part of our successful team.
• Able to foster and develop a caring ethos, in support of our school’s Christian values.
Essential educational requirements
ITT Degree or Undergraduate/Postgraduate Degree.
Qualified teacher status.
Essential skills and experience
-Successful, relevant and recent experience of whole-class teaching in primary education.
-Involvement and knowledge of assessment and moderation procedures.
-The ability to plan, deliver, evaluate and review teaching and learning.
-Ability to plan for progress both within a lesson and across a sequence of lessons.
-Ability to work as part of an effective team.
-High level of written and oral communication skills.
-Ability to differentiate effectively and to cater for the varying needs of the children.
-Awareness of strategies to develop creativity and innovation in the curriculum.
-A commitment to involving parents in the education of their children.
-Supportive of our Christian foundation.
-Promotion of positive behaviour strategies and constructive handling of problems.
-An awareness, understanding and commitment of equal opportunities.
-Awareness of safeguarding procedures.
-Willingness to undertake further relevant training as necessary.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• The opportunity to work with fantastic children who love coming to school.
• A highly dedicated, friendly and supportive staff.
• A proactive, welcoming and supportive community.
• A commitment to high quality professional development in a highly successful school.
• A context where there are consistently high standards of achievement at the end of Key Stage 2.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||418 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Mary's Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Mary's Church of England Primary School
A two-form Voluntary Aided Church of England primary school to the south of Birmingham city centre.
Lodge Hill Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B29 6NU