MPS2 - UPS1
Do you want to make a difference for every child? Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude and are committed to removing barriers to learning for all pupils?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teacher to our team as the school enters the next exciting phase, having joined St Christopher’s Trust on the 1st April 2021. You will be joining a group of five other Plymouth Trust schools and a wider family of 18 Trust schools which presents a wealth of opportunities for professional development and to develop your career and leadership skills whatever your career stage. You will be self-evaluative, welcome challenge, and be prepared to continually improve your teaching and ‘go the extra mile’ as part of a friendly, supportive team who are all dedicated to improving outcomes for the children in our school. This post is not suitable for NQTs.
We are looking for:
• Teachers who are highly effective at using assessment for learning to inform and adapt
their teaching within the lesson and to plan for future learning.
• The ability to tailor learning to meet of all groups of learners including SEND, EAL, PPG
and higher attaining pupils.
• A sound understanding and commitment to inclusive practice; able to identify and
remove barriers to learning.
• A commitment to working in collaboration within parents, the wider community and the
Trust family of schools.
• Teachers who can form excellent relationships with pupils, inspiring all to be the best they
• Someone who supports and can uphold the Christian foundation of our school and Trust.
• Someone who is reflective and who has high expectations of themselves and others.
In return we can offer;
• A rapidly improving school and a range of CPD that enables you to continue your growth
and development as a teacher.
• Delightful children that deserve the very best.
• A well-resourced school, tucked away in the heart of the city but with ample grounds and
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax Free Childcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England, ages 2 to 11
Up to 210 pupils
2 to 11
About St Peter's CofE Primary School
St Peter’s School
We are a small school with approximately 160 pupils and 40 nursery children. The school has seven classes, each is a single year group class, ranging in size from 18—30 pupils.
Being a small school there is a wonderfully friendly and family orientated feeling to the school where good relationships are made between staff and pupils. There is a real sense of community to the school, surrounding area and St Peter’s Church.
We use St Peter’s Church for many of the events in the Church calendar. We hold an Easter Service, Christmas Carol Service and a Leaver’s Service at the Church, which is within walking distance of the school. The children always enjoy their visits to the Church and these a high point in the academic year.
Founding of The School
Our school was founded in 1857 by the first Parish Priest of St Peter’s, Fr George Rundle Prynne. He saw the work of the school as a very important part of the work of the Church and wanted every boy and girl to have the best opportunities to grow and learn so that they would be able to make the best of themselves in adult life. Our school is, therefore, an essential part of the work of St Peter’s Church.
Arranging a visit to St Peter's CofE Primary School
To arrange a visit please contact the school office on 01752 667724.