Class Teacher – St Sidwell's C of E Primary Academy, Exeter
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- Fixed term - 1 year
- M1 - M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
Hours: Full time, Fixed term Contract– 1 year September 2023 – August 2024
Closing Date: Monday 5th June 2023 at 9am
Interview Date: Wednesday 7th June 2023
Grade: MPS 1 - 6
Benefits: Teachers Pension Scheme
Start Date: September 2023
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and inspiring full-time teacher to be part of our teaching team in Year 3 who can help us achieve our mission to ‘Thinking creatively; learning together; Trusting in God’. We are looking for someone who can develop strong, positive relationships that inspire children to be the best they can be academically, personally, socially and spiritually. We are a vibrant community in the heart of Exeter. The school wishes to recruit a member of staff who can be flexible and join a team of hard working and dedicated teachers.
You will work as part of a team, under the direction of the phase leader, Headteacher and Deputy Head, to ensure all children are receiving the best possible education to reach their full potential.
We are interested to know, through your personal statement, any subject interests or age phase expertise. Applications welcomed from teachers of all levels of experience.
Our new teacher needs to:
- Be an exemplary teacher, who is an inspirational, creative and innovative;
- Have a sound pedagogical understanding of how children learn, including effective teaching and behaviour management strategies;
- Plan an engaging and motivating curriculum rooted in first hand experiences: making the most of the school and local environment;
- Demonstrate a commitment to inclusion;
- Be a reflective practitioner.
What the school offers its staff
In return, we can offer:
- Children who are keen to learn, look after each other and are proud of their school;
- A supportive and dedicated staff team, who are passionate about providing our children with the best learning opportunities;
- Professional development opportunities to enhance career aspirations;
- A supportive and coaching approach to school improvement and teacher development.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
If you would like to visit our school, please call St Sidwell’s CofE Primary School on 01392 255551 to arrange a visit.
To apply please complete the application form, which can be found on Vacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) and should be returned by email toHR@stcmat.orgby Monday 5th June 9am. Interviews will be Wednesday 7th June 2023. Please let us know age phase and subject specialisms in your application.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, for all shortlisted applicants. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
About St Sidwell's Church of England Primary School & Nursery
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 210 pupils
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to St Sidwell's Church of England Primary School & Nursery
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Class Teacher - Full Time (2 x posts available)
Sherwell Valley Primary School
Hawkins Avenue, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 6ES
Primary Phase Teacher (0.6 fte)
Chulmleigh Primary School
Beacon Road, Chulmleigh, Devon, EX18 7AA
Broadclyst Community Primary School
School Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX5 3JG
Westclyst Community Primary School
Maddick Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 3YG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Exeter and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay