Do you have the qualities our children would like to see in their next teacher?
What do you want from your next school?
What are you looking for in your next career step?
The Grove is a successful school with a strong ethos and a hugely committed staff team. We are enjoying much success, but know there is a real potential for further development and we have exciting, ambitious plans for the future.
This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly motivated teacher who can work with us to make a significant contribution towards taking The Grove to the next stage of its development.
We are seeking an exceptional practitioner who:
• Has a strong track record of successful teaching experience and a detailed understanding of the Key Stage 1 & 2 curriculum or wants to start their career in an innovative, supportive environment
• Has high expectations of pupils’ learning and a commitment to raising achievement for children of all abilities
• Can smile when things can be tough
The Aspire Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Our interviews will always include relevant questions relating to child protection and/or safeguarding. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Mrs Kelly on 01923 674463.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
A commitment to further professional development
Evidence of effective teaching and learning strategies
Experience of teaching at KS1 & KS2
An understanding of national curriculum requirements at the appropriate key stage
An understanding of monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting on pupil progress
Knowledge of statutory requirements concerning Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, SEND and Safeguarding
Effective communication skills, engaging a range of stakeholders
A commitment to the Academy’s values and to taking an active role in the context of the MAT
Able to motivate self and others
Calm under pressure and well-organised
We can offer you:
• An excellent environment in which to successfully develop your career
• The guidance and support of an experienced Principal, Phase Leaders and staff teams
• The benefits of working collaboratively with colleagues
• Early leadership opportunities
• An investment in your CPD and opportunities across the Aspire Academy Trust
Our Multi Academy Trust was formed in September 2014, and incorporates Hammond, Bovingdon, Bedmond, Broadfield, Knutsford and The Grove Academies, along with a well-established Teaching School.
The Trust can offer:
• An exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding organisation with high aspirations
• The opportunity to truly mould and grow alongside our planned organisational growth
• A strong learning environment, evidenced by our learning culture and our teaching school
• The opportunity to help drive the Trust, its employees and its practices towards future excellence
• Awarded 3.5% uplift to all main pay scales in the M.P.S range
• Collaboration of good practice across the Trust schools
• Have a teaching school as part of the Trust offering excellent training opportunities
• The ability to progress with the Trust schools to leadership posts
• Free meal offered daily to all Trust staff
About The Grove Academy
Our Academy is a three-form entry Primary school, with Nursery. We are part of the Aspire Academies Trust, and are active members of the West Herts Teaching Schools Partnership, meaning we have access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. We have a stunning environment for learning and teaching, with large grounds. We offer full day care for children, with Breakfast and After School Clubs on site. Our school is well resourced and we have a strong ethos of team work. Our children are lively and eager to learn.
- Fourth Avenue, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 9RH
- The Grove Academy website (opens in a new window)