The Meads Primary School, East Grinstead, West Sussex
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
• To carry out the professional duties of a class teacher as set out in the current School Teacher’s Pay and Conditions Document, in accordance with the school’s policies under the direction of the Headteacher.
• To play a full part in the life of the school community.
• To contribute to raising standards of pupil attainment.
Core requirements of the post
1. To teach all aspects of the National Curriculum and other curricula areas.
2. To teach according to the educational needs of the children including the planning, preparation and assessment of the work to be carried out by them.
3. To ensure Health and Safety and other policies are observed.
4. To be flexible and prepared to teach throughout the primary phase as a class teacher.
5. To take general pastoral responsibility for the pupils in the class and liaise with their parents.
6. To work closely with and support colleagues in the team and school.
7. To set and maintain high expectations for good behaviour and discipline for the class and share and support general whole school maintenance of the behaviour policy.
8. To maintain good punctuality, planning, record keeping, classroom organisation and communication.
9. To maintain a stimulating learning environment and contribute towards the wider school learning environment. To initiate displays to support and stimulate learning.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Primary teaching experience
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||293 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Meads Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Mill Way, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 4DD