- Main Scale - Upper Scale
Class Teacher job summary
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and committed class teacher with experience and skill in working within the Primary age phase to join our fantastic team as a KS2 teacher for either a September 2022 or January 2023 start.
Topcliffe is a welcoming and highly inclusive one form entry mainstream school with two additional specialist resource base provisions to support pupils with Speech, Language and Communication needs (2 classes) and ASC (5 classes). We have a wonderful outdoor learning environment and classroom resources, making this an exceptional place to teach and learn. We are very proud of what we have to offer, and visits are always very welcome!
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• An inclusive practitioner with experience in working within the Primary phase
• Well organised teacher with high expectations and a commitment to achieving the best outcomes for all children
• Innovative, creative and highly motivated
• Committed to ongoing professional development
• An excellent communicator and team player
We will offer you:
• Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and thrive on the exciting opportunities we provide
• Friendly and supportive staff whose committed teamwork ensures the best possible outcomes for all children and families.
• Opportunities for your continued professional growth, both internally and through collaborative working across the Trust
• The opportunity to work with a supportive Leadership Team who are committed to supporting the wellbeing of pupils and staff
• Full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, flexible working culture, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• On-site parking
(NB CV’s will not be accepted)
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Topcliffe Primary as a Class Teacher.
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Applying for the job
Apply on line.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Topcliffe Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 252 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Why work at Topcliffe Primary School?
• Topcliffe is a friendly and welcoming school, with the benefits of being part of a thriving family of 7 schools as part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust
• Our HARRI values (Heathy, Aspirational, Resilient, Respectful and Independence are important to our whole school community and drive everything we do.
• We are a highly inclusive setting and strive to achieve the very best for all
• Children work hard and behave well; we encourage them to reach for their 'personal best', academically and in the way they relate to others.