The role includes:
• To assist in maintaining and developing the College as ‘outstanding’, providing the highest standard of teaching and learning for all students. Support the Leadership Team (LT) to secure an excellent curriculum and assessment strategy providing a high-quality education system that achieves high standards for students;
• To have an interest in the Outdoor Curriculum and promote Health and Well Being through Outdoor Pursuits and Community based activities;
• Undertake all aspects of a Class Teacher’s responsibilities as shown in the Teacher Standards and to have a particular interest in teaching core subjects;
• Support the LT to track, monitor and evaluate the curriculum and assessments across the College and implement quality assurance procedures;
• Use data analysis to inform development planning that improves student progress and attainment across the College;
Applying for the job
Candidates must complete the SEAX application form.
Thriftwood offers high quality provision to learners with a range of learning needs from 5-19. The School (5-13 years) and College (14-19 years) are situated on two distinct sites in Chelmsford. We aim to offer our students a continuing education which is individualised and appropriately matched to their learning needs. We wish to enable young people to develop the confidence and skills they need to move on to the next phase of their lives, whether it is to further education and training, employment or to work towards a happy, healthy life, with as much independence as possible. Thriftwood has recently achieved an Outstanding Ofsted Inspection outcome and recognises the importance of attracting the right people into all roles to sustain excellence.