Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Teacher Pay Scale
• to implement consistently all school policies,
• to support the parents, learners and others working in a voluntary capacity in the School.
• to seek to encourage the involvement of parents/carers in learners’ work, in the School and at home
• to contribute to the production of reports to parents on learners’ attainment and progress, as required by the Head teacher,
• to use ICT effectively to raise standards
• The Post Holder will be expected to contribute to:
• the achievement of high standards for all learners,
• continuous whole school improvement,
• school improvement planning, by identifying strengths and areas of weakness, and recommending appropriate action
• the implementation of arrangements for the effective collection of data relating to pupil progress and the analysis to identify trends, strengths and weaknesses,
• the rigorous and effective assessment arrangements to identify:
o learner progress
o areas of strength
o areas for improvement
• the monitoring and the evaluation of assessment, and the planning and implementation of appropriate action,
• the reporting of the standards of attainment achieved by learners, barriers to learning, aids to learning and recommendations for improvement,
• whole school self-evaluation and to the relevant sections of the OFSTED self-evaluation form by providing judgments and supporting evidence
• the effective liaison with all other staff in the school to provide continuity and progression for all learners
• the effective match of teaching style to learner need and learning style,
• the setting of individual targets for learners,
• a planned education programme for all learners, matched to the identified needs of learners,
• the effective use of any Support Staff allocated to support the teaching by the Post Holder and ensuring that Support Staff are involved in joint planning of teaching and the evaluation of outcomes,
• the effective liaison with the Senior Management Team, Subject Co-ordinators and Higher-Level Teaching Assistants to promote the well-being of learners
• strategies to positively and productively involve parents/carers, the wider community, and the business community in the life of the school
• the monitoring and evaluation of the behaviour of learners; work collaboratively in order to devise and implement arrangements to maintain learner behaviour that does not adversely affect the learning of the individual or other learners,
• the self-evaluation process applicable to their specialist subject and to other subjects they teach, and the implementation of agreed improvements,
• the implementation of agreed improvements resulting from self-evaluation,
• the development, implementation and planned review of the Scheme of Work for their specialist subject(s),
• the use of the most appropriate materials and teaching styles in the teaching their specialist subject
• ensuring that appropriate and sufficient resources are available to support the delivery of the schemes of work, and programmes of study
1 SEN point
Applying for the job
Application forms available online via Wigan Greater Jobs - only applications via this site will be accepted.
Link shown below:
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
233 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About Oakfield High School and College
Oakfield High School & College
Oakfield High School / College provides for up to 275 mixed secondary aged learners from 11 – 19 years with complex learning difficulties. The learners have a range of difficulties including severe and moderate learning difficulties with associated behavioural problems. Some learners may also have medical conditions and / or physical disabilities that adversely affect their ability to learn.
It is an essential requirement that all post holders at The Aspire Federation are committed to working co-operatively and collaboratively in order to create an ethos in which all learners, commensurate with their needs and abilities:
develop a healthy lifestyle, and develop a positive self-image
feel safe at the School,
enjoy their education, and achieve the highest standards
are able to be positively involved in the wider community, and recognise their rights and responsibilities
are equipped with the skills, knowledge and understanding to enter the world of work.
Please be advised that although initially based at a specific site the post holder may be required to work across both the Federated Sites.
Arranging a visit to Oakfield High School and College
Due to Covid - school visits will not be allowed at this time but a virtual visit via zoom can be arranged.
Please call school on the number shown above to arrange this.