Class teacher (with TLR 2B for leadership of mathematics)
Waterloo Primary Academy, Blackpool, Lancashire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Waterloo is a thriving three-form entry primary academy in the South Shore area of Blackpool, an area of significant disadvantage. We educate 680 children in our Victorian school buildings yet are fortunate to deliver a 21st Century education through our exciting, inspirational, global curriculum which focuses on four world issues; Culture, Conflict, Conservation and Communication.
We currently have a vacancy for an outstanding, full-time teacher & maths lead to complement our existing team of excellent practitioners.
We are looking to appoint:
• An outstanding class teacher & maths lead who demonstrates the highest expectations of themselves and their pupils.
• Someone who is fully committed to inclusion and continually strives for the highest standards
• A creative thinker who makes learning exciting and is able to bring our curriculum to life
• A team player with high levels of emotional intelligence, resilience and a good sense of humour
• A reflective practitioner who accepts and relishes a challenge
Vacancy: Full-time class teacher & TLR for maths leadership
Grade: Teachers’ pay range (M1£24,373 – U3 £40,490) TLR pay scale (TLR2B £4653 per annum)
Hours: Full time 32.5hours
Required from: September 2020
Closing date: Friday 3 April 2020 (am)
Shortlisting: Tuesday 14 April 2020 (am)
Interviews: Monday 20 April 2020
If appointed, we can offer you:
• enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children who are excited about current world issues in a broad, deep and progressive curriculum
• strong, supportive leadership and a dynamic, talented staff team
• exceptional levels of teamwork and a focus on staff wellbeing
• excellent professional development opportunities
How to apply:
Application forms, person specification and job description is available to download from the school website https://waterloo.zestacademytrust.co.uk/our-vacancies/ or alternatively contact the school office on 01253 315370.
Please return your completed application form and a short (2 side of A4 max), succinct, covering letter of interest to: Mrs Nicola Lea, Chief Operations Officer via the school’s postal address or alternatively email to: HR@zestacademytrust.co.uk
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you can assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have any questions regarding the post, please contact the Headteacher, Mark Hamblett on 01253 315370.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this vacancy.
Waterloo Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/vulnerable adults. This post is subject to satisfactory two year reference history, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB check), medical clearance, evidence of essential qualifications and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act.
|School size||672 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Waterloo Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Waterloo Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 3AG