Class Teacher (Year 1 in the first instance) job summary
Class teacher (Year 1 in the first instance) – Full-time permanent
Are you an exceptional teacher who is performing at an extremely high standard?
We are looking to appoint someone who has the ambition, drive and resilience to serve in an inner-city school and who is unwavering in their commitment to improve the outcomes and lives of children.
We are looking to appoint someone who has a proven record of high-quality teaching and learning in the early phase of school – ensuring our Year 1 classroom has high-expectations and supports different children’s needs through quality first teaching and high quality provision/challenge linked to the National Curriculum.
Do you want to work in a school with a Headteacher and Governing Body who set out a crystal-clear direction for the school. (Ofsted, June 2016) and help achieve our commitment of wanting ‘the best for and the best from everyone in our learning community’?
We are looking for:
• An excellent classroom practitioner who possesses the gift of working with young children, finding ways to engage their imagination and has an innate sense of fun, energy and enthusiasm for learning
• Someone who has working knowledge and experience of child development and the early years and can use this knowledge to support effective transition from Early Years into Year 1
• Someone with working knowledge and experience of balancing provision and challenge areas to support high-quality independent access to National Curriculum objectives
• An ability to use initiative and complete their work to a high standard
• An ambitious and driven person who will add value to our school
• A person who is resilient, who perseveres and embraces challenge
• Someone with a good sense of humour who is willing to fully engage in the life of the school community including working with parents and truly embraces ‘Investment in GOLD standard’.
We can offer you:
• Pupils with good attitudes to learning and who understand ‘GOLD standard’ learning behaviour
• An ‘inspirational’ and ‘ambitious’ Headteacher
• ‘Consistency in strategy and policy’
• Staff with an ‘unwavering commitment’ to school
• ‘Impressive’ pastoral systems to support vulnerable children
• A hugely supportive and vibrant school team
• Collaboration with other agencies including being a member of the Leeds East Primary Partnership Trust (LEPP)
• Investment in your development
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.