- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stage
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Pay Scale, £29,915 – £41,136 per annum
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Classroom Teacher, the successful candidate should be able to teach across the age range, or be prepared to do so with support and guidance. Krishna Avanti Primary School is an Academy and part of the Avanti Schools Trust (AST). The school has an inclusive ethos rooted in Hindu religious philosophy and welcomes applications from all faiths and backgrounds.
We place excellent teaching and learning at the heart of all we do. We have high expectations of our learners who respond extremely well to challenges within our broad curriculum.
The appointed candidate will be someone who, through their passion, commitment and understanding, provides the best learning experiences for their class, to build on the school’s successes and contribute to our continuing development
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Plan and prepare engaging lessons based on their individual needs, which motivate all learners
• Carry out on-going assessments, recording progress and reporting to middle managers or senor leaders, as and when required in the specified subject area
• Work collaboratively with others to develop effective professional relationships
• Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regard to pupils’ achievements and wellbeing using school systems/processes as appropriate
• Actively participate in all training and development sessions at a school and Trust level, sharing experiences with other colleagues, both informally and at staff and/or Inset meetings
• Safeguard the children’ and your own safety in accordance with all associated school policies and procedures, both when authorised to be on the school premises and when you are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Successful experience of teaching in a primary School
• Motivation to work with children and young people
• Excellent classroom practitioner with a good understanding of a range of teaching and learning styles
• Highly motivated, hard working, supportive and conscientious with a strong determination to succeed
• Able to develop positive and professional working relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues, governors and the wider community
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
We can offer:
• Children who are proud of their school and support each other with their learning through excellent behaviour.
• A dedicated and friendly team of colleagues, who are curious about learning, enthusiastic and motivated to provide the most memorable learning experiences.
• A curriculum that focuses upon the whole child through exciting learning opportunities in yoga, mindfulness, forest school, sport and performing arts to ensure every child has the potential to succeed.
• An exceptional learning environment and excellent support from our stakeholders, which includes parents and the wider community
• Pre-employment checks
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
• Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.