- Maternity or parental leave cover (Until April 2023)
- £29,915 - £41,136
Class Teacher - Year 2 plus Year Lead (Maternity Cover) job summary
We are looking for an innovative, inspirational teacher who puts children’s learning at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our pupils in reaching their full potential.
Avanti Court is a vibrant primary school, which welcomes pupils of all faiths, backgrounds and learning needs. We are privileged to have children who are exceptionally well behaved and eager to learn, a talented staff, good facilities and, in 2018, we were judged by Ofsted to be a good school with elements of outstanding.
We place excellent teaching and learning at the heart of all we do. We have high expectations of our learners who respond extremely well to challenges within our broad curriculum.
The appointed candidate will be someone who, through their passion, commitment and understanding, provides the best learning experiences for their class, to build on the school’s successes and contribute to our continuing development.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
We can offer:
• Well behaved and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and develop;
• A growing team of driven, compassionate, aspirational and inclusive colleagues;
• A curriculum that is rigorous, wide and unique and sets us apart from other schools;
• Amazing research-informed CPD, using the Ambition Institute and ASCL partnership;
• An excellent learning environment with amazing facilities that compliments our curriculum.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Plan and prepare engaging lessons based on their individual needs, which motivate all learners
• Teach, according to the children’s educational and emotional needs, the children assigned to you, including the setting and marking of work in accordance with school policy and procedures
• Carry out on-going assessments, recording progress and reporting to middle managers or senor leaders, as and when required in the specified subject area
• Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regard to pupils’ achievements and wellbeing using school systems/processes as appropriate
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Successful experience of teaching in a primary School
• Motivation to work with children and young people
• Excellent classroom practitioner with a good understanding of a range of teaching and learning styles
• Highly motivated, hard working, supportive and conscientious with a strong determination to succeed
• Able to develop positive and professional working relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues, governors and the wider community
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
MPS, £29,915 - £41,136 per annum with TLR 2B
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.