- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £25,714 - £36,961
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Year 3 Classroom Teacher, the successful candidate should be able to teach across the age range, or be prepared to do so with support and guidance. Avanti Gardens School is an Academy and part of the Avanti Schools Trust (AST).
We place excellent teaching and learning at the heart of all we do. We have high expectations of our learners who respond extremely well to challenges within our broad curriculum.
The appointed candidate will be someone who, through their passion, commitment and understanding, provides the best learning experiences for their class, to build on the school’s successes and contribute to our continuing development
What will you do?
• Plan and prepare engaging lessons based on their individual needs, which motivate all learners
• Teach, according to the children’s educational and emotional needs, the children assigned to you, including the setting and marking of work in accordance with school policy and procedures.
• Carry out on-going assessments, recording progress and reporting to middle managers or senor leaders, as and when required in the specified subject area
• Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regard to pupils’ achievements and wellbeing using school systems/processes as appropriate
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
What are we looking for?
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Successful experience of teaching in a primary School
• Motivation to work with children and young people
• Excellent classroom practitioner with a good understanding of a range of teaching and learning styles
• Highly motivated, hard working, supportive and conscientious with a strong determination to succeed
• Able to develop positive and professional working relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues, governors and the wider community
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
We can offer:
• Well behaved and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and develop;
• A growing team of driven, compassionate, aspirational and inclusive colleagues;
• A curriculum that is rigorous, wide and unique and sets us apart from other schools;
• Amazing research-informed CPD, using the Ambition Institute and ASCL partnership;
• An excellent learning environment with amazing facilities that compliments our curriculum.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensure that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.