- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Maternity Cover)
- MPS 1-6
Are you passionate about teaching in a large, vibrant city school, where we aim to inspire everyone to be the best they can be? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join St Leonards CofE Primary School, in Exeter, part of St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust. This position is being offered on a fixed term maternity leave contract starting in January 2022. The ability to possibly begin earlier (should it be necessary) would be beneficial.
St Leonard’s can promise you a dynamic and passionate staff team who are enthusiastic about driving change and raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community.
• A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
• Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
• The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
• A headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
• An exciting role within our family of 17 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a skilled Y5 teacher who will inspire and encourage every child to fulfil their full potential.
• Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
• Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
• Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
Applying for the job
To apply please visit the academy website: https://www.stchristophersmat.org/topic/vacancies for an application form, which should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 8:00am on Thursday 30th September. Interviews will take place on Thursday 7th October. ECTs are welcome to apply.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 592 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
About St Leonard's (CofE) Primary School (VC)
St Leonard's C of E Primary School currently has around 580 pupils and we are blessed with large open spaces for children to engage with learning outdoors, whilst having plenty of space to enjoy break and lunch times with friends. The school has experienced continued growth and success, and is proud to serve the community with links to the local church.
We are looking for someone who is dedicated to developing an engaging and motivating curriculum, rooted in first-hand experiences: making the most of the school and local environment in order achieve the best learning outcomes for all pupils. So, if you feel that you are an inspirational and dynamic teacher, who aspires to shape the lives of young people, we welcome you to apply to be part of our successful and hardworking team!
Arranging a visit to St Leonard's (CofE) Primary School (VC)
Visits to the school are welcomed; please contact the school office on 01392 666570 to arrange.