Class Teacher - Year 6
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and experienced classroom teacher to help us build upon our school’s achievements and successes as one of the most successful schools in the county.
Like us you will be dynamic, innovative and hardworking; driven by a passion to bring out the very best in all our pupils. You will support the school in moving towards its vision and will bring a wealth of experience to the team.
We would like to hear from applicants who have:
• Experience in teaching Upper Key Stage 2 with a proven track record in achieving high standards.
• Evidence of being an outstanding practitioner, able to enthuse and inspire pupils and staff.
• The ability to lead and develop curriculum areas with a whole-school approach.
• High standards in terms of teaching, behaviour and achievement.
• A commitment to further professional development.
• An ability to engage in effective peer coaching activities which will develop professional practice in a Learning to Learn School ethos.
• Excellent organisational skills, plus the ability to provide and maintain an engaging and challenging learning environment.
• A commitment to playing a full and active role in the wider life of the school.
• The ability to develop purposeful relationships with stakeholders of the school/Multi Academy Trust.
In return, we can offer:
• A skilled, creative and supportive team working with friendly children and supportive parents.
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a forward looking, ambitious organisation that believes in developing its staff to become the best they can be.
• A school that is consistently focussed on making a positive impact on pupils and the community.
Opportunities to collaborate with local schools and be part of a developing a Multi Academy Trust
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) Primary Trained
Awareness of, and recent training in, safeguarding/health and safety issues.
Essential skills and experience
Experience of working in KS2.
Willingness to play a full and active role in school life.
Understanding of the end of year standards at Year 6.
Good understanding of the Statutory Assessment process.
Thorough understanding of the importance of assessment in learning.
Clear understanding of high quality feedback in raising attainment.
Ability to input data into a tracking system and interpret it to set challenging targets for pupils.
Passion for taking learning outdoors.
About Fairfield Primary School
- Gallowbarrow, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0DX
- Fairfield Primary School website (opens in a new window)