|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,372 to £35,971|
Greswold Primary School are looking to appoint 3 teachers to join our successful and inclusive learning community where every child really does matter:
• a permanent full time class teacher from September 2020 (or earlier)
• a full time class teacher on a one year fixed term contract from September 2020 (or earlier)
• a full time teacher to cover maternity leave from 1st June 2020
This is an excellent opportunity for outstanding teachers to join our school. We are seeking applicants who are creative, inspirational and enthusiastic to work with our wonderful children and staff team while embracing our BRICKS values. Greswold has undergone expansion and has almost grown into a 3 form entry primary, therefore we can welcome teachers into any phase across school, although a desire to teach in upper key stage 2 may be advantageous as would an interest in STEM subjects. Please clearly indicate for which position and phases you wish to be considered on your application form.
The job requires applicants to be able to:
Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils,
Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils,
Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge,
Plan and teach well structured lessons,
Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils,
Make accurate and productive use of assessment,
Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning
Fulfil wider professional responsibilities.
We encourage applications from newly qualified and experienced teachers; please note, however, the school does not recognise pay portability.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be booked for Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th February by contacting the school office on 0121 705 4738.
Solihull MBC and Greswold Primary School has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups. All employees and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to obtain the appropriate level of Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and where relevant workforce checks and safeguarding checks as appropriate.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Plan, monitor, evaluate and review learning.
• Assess achievement and monitor the progress of pupils.
• Reflect upon your practise and make changes accordingly.
• Work as a committed member of the school team
• Communicate effectively with pupils, colleagues, parents and governors.
• Use IT effectively to support teaching and learning.
• Promotion of positive behaviour strategies
• Successful recent experience teaching primary pupils (including on teaching practise).
• Have a proven record of raising standards.
• Experience of effective use of assessment information.
• Experience of teaching within the 3 – 11 age range.
• Proven track record for accelerating progress
• Sound knowledge of current National Curriculum and/or EYFS Framework
• Subject specific knowledge relevant to Primary education
• Knowledge of SEN Code of Practice and how it relates to the classroom
• Knowledge of Keeping Children Safe in Education and an understanding of child protection issues
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||630 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Greswold Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Greswold Primary School
Buryfield Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 2AZ