Class Teachers (including NQTs) Key Stage 2
Elmwood Junior School is seeking to appoint creative, energetic and enthusiastic teachers to join our hard working and dedicated team. We would like to hear from NQTs or teachers in the first few years of their careers.
They will be:
• Committed to supporting children to achieve the very best they can through a broad and engaging curriculum.
• Plan and deliver high quality learning that both motivates and excites pupils.
• Have a strong belief in teamwork and the ability to work collaboratively.
Our school is a four-form entry junior school in West Croydon, well served by public transport links.
If you feel that this position is of interest then we would like to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
DfE qualified teacher status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
Proven good to outstanding classroom practice.
Knowledge and understanding of strategies to support children in Pupil Premium, SEN and Inclusion groups.
Experience of successfully raising achievement in a class or group of pupils.
Experience of using data analysis to improve outcomes for children.
Ability to motivate pupils and manage their behaviour effectively.
Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and the wider school community in the development of the school.
Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with a wide variety of people, including children, staff, parents/carers and the Senior Management Team.
Ability to work with colleagues to improve practice and to achieve consistently good or outstanding learning and teaching.
Potential to introduce and lead new initiatives within the school, for example leading on a curriculum area.
Competent ICT skills.
Effective time management skills and the proven ability to work under pressure.
What can we offer?
• A school at the heart of the community with excellent communication between pupils, parents/carers, teaching staff and other agencies
• The freedom to be innovative and creative
• A team of dedicated and happy staff committed to delivering a first-class education to all children
• Great SATs results and ‘Good’ Ofsted
• Ongoing support from a friendly Senior Management Team
• Recognition of your potential and help in nurturing your talents!
From September you will have regular induction training with other NQTs. You will have plenty of opportunities to talk over your experiences in the classroom with experienced teachers, teacher trainers and specialist advisors. Day to day advice, guidance and support comes from your personal induction tutor, an experienced colleague from our school.
About Elmwood Junior School
- Lodge Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2PL
- LA Maintained School
- Elmwood Junior School website (opens in a new window)