Class Teachers - Primary / Secondary
Phoenix School, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £30,480 to £49,571|
Phoenix is an expanding school and will be opening a new site in September 2020 to meet the growing demand of referrals to the school.
We are looking for dynamic teachers to join an exciting and innovative school. The position would suit energetic and creative professionals who are looking to make a difference to the lives of young people with autism and complex needs as well as furthering their own professional development. Experience of working in a special school is not essential but knowledge and expertise of SEN is required.
You will be joining an Outstanding School (Ofsted November 2018) with strong leadership and committed staff team. Phoenix School is successful, ambitious and forward-thinking. Pupils are aged between 3 and 19 and make very good progress with access to an enriching curriculum.
We are an award winning school and accredited through the National Autistic Society; praised for our creative approach to working with children with autism.
The school has excellent facilities and resources to support teaching and learning. There is a comprehensive induction and training programme for new and existing staff. This is an exciting opportunity in a school providing for children and young people, where change and challenge are key to what we do.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and drive to take on this role and become a member of our team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You will need to:
• be willing to make an outstanding contribution to our school
• be committed to high standards and improving achievement for all
• be able to provide a friendly and warm welcome to our parents, governors and the wider Community
If you would like to visit the school or discuss the post further please contact Veronica Armson, Varmson@phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk
Application pack can be found on the school website www.phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk
Completed applications to be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews & Assessment: Thursday 30th April & Friday 1st May 2020
Essential educational requirements
A teaching qualification recognised by the DfE.
Training – special educational needs including autism or other relevant specialism
Essential skills and experience
1. Successful classroom teaching including partnership teaching and working with some additional adults.
2. Working with children with SEN and of raising standards of teaching and learning.
3. A good knowledge of and commitment to the National. Curriculum and the implications for children with special needs and autism.
4. Success in a significant area of curriculum development.
5. To have an interest in teaching children with autism and the willingness to take on training to develop the appropriate teaching skills.
6. Creating an exciting classroom environment.
7. Successful SEN practice within the 3-19 age range.
8. Factors that influence the achievement of all pupils and how to raise levels of attainment for pupils with SEN.
SEN Allowance £2,209
TLR responsibility allowances will be available for candidates with relevant experience
|School type||Special School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||323 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Phoenix School website (opens in a new window)|
About Phoenix School
Special School for children with Autism
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD