Classroom Teacher - Key Stage 1 & 2 (2)
Bevendean Primary School, Brighton, East Sussex
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, job share|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
PURPOSE OF JOB
As an effective member of the staff team, ensure that all children at Bevendean Primary School receive a vibrant and relevant education, enabling them to achieve their highest possible standards.
1. Responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
2. Delivering and maintaining the effective implementation of school policies, schemes of work and related practice for all subjects but with particular emphasis on literacy and numeracy.
3. To oversee the continued care and welfare of pupils within your designated class.
4. To plan, prepare, deliver and assess lessons that enable each individual pupil to succeed.
5. To assist in building and maintaining positive relationships between parents, governors, the local community and the school.
6. To oversee the delivery of an effective curriculum throughout the school leading to high expectations and standards. A comprehensive list of key tasks is available from the school.
7. * NQTs: To complete a successful NQT Induction year, with a view to taking on the leadership of a curriculum area in the following year.
8. To be aware of health and safety issues and work within the guidelines of the Health and Safety Policy.
The list of duties in the job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and, in addition, as a term of your employment you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required.
Essential educational requirements
Appropriate Secondary School Qualifications / Grades: 'A' Level Passes
PGCE / Teaching Degree Qualification
• Qualifications, Training and Experience
• Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Be able to demonstrate excellent practice within your preferred Key Stage (EYFS / Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2)
• Demonstrate recent appropriate training in English and Maths especially in the Mastery curriculum
• Have developed a skills and strategies for successful classroom management to ensure that children engage with their learning and make progress.
• Have developed their own clearly developed set of principles that show an understanding of how children learn
• Be fluent and confident with ICT and able to use ICT for both teaching and administrative purposes
Essential skills and experience
• Professional Knowledge, Skills, Understanding and Abilities
• Boundless enthusiasm for teaching
• Motivate and inspire children and teach creatively
• Willingness to learn from us and share additional strengths and skills you may have
• Exemplary knowledge of the National Curriculum including effective assessment practices and strategies and be able to contribute positively to curriculum development
• Prioritise, plan and organise
• Recent developments in education e.g. assessment, the Mastery Curriculum etc.
• Working collaboratively in team, year groups, key stages etc.
• Able to motivate and challenge children
• Able to teach effectively, using a variety of teaching styles to match the needs of the learner and ensure children make expected or accelerated progress
• Manage time effectively and work to deadlines
• Interest in promoting the broader curriculum
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||348 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Bevendean Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Bevendean Primary School
Bevendean Primary School is a two-form entry school in Brighton. We have 355 pupils on role with an on-site Hearing Support Facility for 12 children.
Heath Hill Avenue, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 4JP