Classroom Teacher (part-time 0.6 FTE)
Holy Cross Primary Catholic Voluntary Academy, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £14,623 to £24,294 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Contract Type: Temporary until 31 August 2020
Contract Term: Part-time (0.6 FTE)
Salary: £14,623 - £24,294 pro rata (MPS/UPS)
Job Starts: January 2020
Closing date: Monday 9 December 2019, 9.00 am
At Holy Cross our staff and governors strive to provide a positive and happy working environment where all our children are valued. We are a small, busy, friendly school located in the bustling town of Hucknall, 7 miles North-West of Nottingham and easily accessible from Nottingham by tram and the rest of the county by train.
Are you an enthusiastic and energetic Classroom Teacher with the ability to motivate and challenge our children? If so, we would love you welcome you to our school. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Holy Cross such a special place to work.
To be successful you will:
• be an outstanding and inspirational teacher
• have a passionate commitment to high quality teaching and learning and a clear understanding of the primary curriculum
• be committed to encouraging all children to achieve high standards
• have energy, initiative and enthusiasm
• be keen to develop and learn with and from others
• show commitment to the Catholic ethos of the school
In return we can offer you:
• a caring, friendly working environment inspired by a strong Catholic ethos
• happy, well behaved and considerate children
• a strong commitment to your continued professional development
• a leadership team committed to providing an environment that supports staff wellbeing
• sensible whole school approaches to marking and feedback
Applications are welcomed from newly qualified and experienced Classroom Teachers from faith or no-faith backgrounds.
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Visit https://www.ololcatholicmat.co.uk/vacancies-and-recruitment/ for an application pack
All applications must be received by Human Resources by 9.00 am, Monday 9th December 2019.
Interviews will be held on Monday 16th December 2019.
Please send completed application packs to email@example.com
Our Lady of Lourdes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, you will undertake pre-employment checks which will include a Disclosure and Baring Service check.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
- Have high expectations of all students and a commitment to raising their educational achievement.
- Knows and understands relevant National Curriculum Programmes of Study.
- Sets challenging teaching and learning objectives relevant to all students in their classes.
- Uses these objectives to plan lessons and sequences of lessons showing how they will assess.
Continued Professional Development
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||208 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Holy Cross Primary Catholic Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Holy Cross Primary Catholic Voluntary Academy
The staff and Governors at Holy Cross Primary seek to provide a positive and happy working environment, where children are valued for their academic and social worth. We aim to ensure that each child develops a life-long love of learning in a happy and caring environment that bears witness to our Gospel values. We aim to create opportunities to develop independence, confidence and collaboration, recognising that everyone has their own unique talents which we work with you to develop.
We greatly appreciate the contribution parents make to our children’s education and welcome you visiting us at any mutually convenient time to see the school in operation. We believe that having a close partnership between parents, school and our Parish Church is the key to success and we are here to work with you to ensure the very best possible experience for your child.
Leen Mills Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG15 8BZ